- News in Brief. // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p38
Presents news briefs on fire departments and fire developments in the U.S. Collapse of a garage under construction at the Tropicana Casino and Resort; Discussion of the key provisions of the agreement made between the California Professional Firefighters and the California State Firefighters...
- News Glimpses. // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p40
Reports on developments in the U.S. fire departments. Collapse of a six-story parking garage under construction at the National Institutes of Health; Amount of money received by the National Volunteer Fire Council; Plan of the New York Fire Department to install video cameras in its fire...
- CONSTRUCTING A MORE ECONOMICAL TECHNICAL RESCUE PROP. Brauer, Brian R. // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p111
Looks into the issue of constructing a technical rescue prop in U.S. fire departments. Selection of an appropriate type of railing to achieve practice in operating over a simulated sheer edge, parapet, fixed railing, or flexible railing; Establishment of an entry for simulated victim placement;...
- NOT MORE MISTAKES? NOPE, LESSONS AGAIN, PART 3. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p212
Looks into lessons to be drawn from mistakes usually done on the job. Tendency of engine companies to monitor what the qualities of the fire are doing; Identification of the most vulnerable position for truck members to mentally lose track of where the firefighters are; Importance of locating...
- Firemen's Frolic Tune 25. // East Bernard Express (TX);6/15/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 25, p8
Provides information on the celebration of the 76th anniversary of the Wallis Fire Department at the Wallis American Legion Hall in Texas on June 25, 2006.
- Good News & Bad. // Fire Chief;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p8
The author reflects on several issues surrounding the fire departments in the U.S. She suggests the fire chiefs or officers to contact their state or federal representatives because the 2007 Fire Grant Applications has been opened. She added that the National Fire Incident Reporting System...
- TEAM BUILDING BEYOND THE FIRE SCENE. Hetrick, Matt; Meehan, Bob // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p12
Looks into the problem of team building in fire stations of Pennsylvania. Discovery of the fact that a group's individual personalities determine team dynamics; Importance of preparing for unexpected circumstances to happen; Effects of team building on the company's performance.
- PREPARING FOR A DEPARTMENT FUNERAL. Shouldis, William // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p93
Looks into creating a standard course of action for decisive decision making and interagency cooperation in U.S. fire departments. Challenges involved in pre-incident planning; Division of the operations section into two branches with several sectors; Responsibility of every fire department...
- FOAM BUYER, BEWARE! Sachen, John // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p188
Features extinguishing and mitigating agents for fire prevention. Use of surfactants to reduce brush marks, in lubricants to coat bearing surfaces; Flotation of low-density hydrocarbons in water; Addition of special surfactants in aqueous films.