Time wasting is theft and bad management
- A Latency Effect for Mobile Phone Investments by Micro-Entrepreneurs. CHEW, HAN EI; VIGNESWARA ILAVARASAN, P.; LEVY, MARK R. // Media Asia (Asian Media Information & Communication Centre);2012, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p99
As the fastest diffusing ICT in history, the mobile has attracted substantial scholarly interest. However, the historic penetration rate of the mobile phone in the developing world seems discordant with the paucity of evidence linking mobiles to productivity gains in micro-enterprises. In this...
- Speech recognition technology: moving beyond customer service. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p158
The article reports on the increasing number of companies which are deploying speech recognition technology in environments where worker productivity can be developed through the use of speech. It is stated that mobility for field services is one of the growth areas for speech. Mobile field...
- Bringing Push E-mail To Small Businesses. // CRN;12/19/2005, Issue 1176, p5
The article presents information on bringing push electronic mail message (e-mail) and corporate data to mobile users in small businesses in the IT sector. Microsoft Corp. has developed its Solution For Hosted Messaging and Collaboration Software for bringing push e-mail and corporate...
- Virtual Escape. Gillespie, Becky Beaupre; Temple, Hollee Schwartz // ABA Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p26
The article highlights the importance among lawyers to create technology boundaries to increase productivity. The experts suggest that lawyers need to find ways to disconnect from technology for the sake of sanity, productivity, and interpersonal interaction. Debra L. Bruce, a certified career...
- TECH-INDUCED TRANQUILITY. Savetz, Kevin // NEA Today;Nov2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p45
The article describes some technologies that can help educators in the U.S. avoid and handle junk electronic mail messages, demanding mobile phones and overburdened schedule-keepers. If junk mail is rampant, a better spam filter can separate unwanted mail messages. SpamSieve and the Mail-Washer...
- Relief form e-mail addiction. Boomer, L. Gary // Accounting Today;8/18/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p22
The author advises on managing electronic mails or e-mails. He comments that while there has been increased knowledge in information technology (IT) with the rise of personal digital assistants (PDA) and other mobile devices that allow people to check their e-mails, people still have little...
- TECH SHORTS. // Sell!ng;Mar2000, p8
Presents an update on the use of technology in business enterprises as of March 2000. Information on the Planetfone's Global System for Mobiles; Advantages of using an electronic phone; Overview of the Sales Intelligence Report of the On Target Research Group.
- Mobile computing. Montiel Pérez, Jesús Yaljá; Hernández Rubio, Erika; López Bonilla, José Luis // INGENIARE - Revista Chilena de IngenierÃa;sep-dec2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p280
No abstract available.
- ComputaciÃ³n mÃ³vil. Montiel Pérez, Jesús Yaljá; Hernández Rubio, Erika; López Bonilla, José Luis // INGENIARE - Revista Chilena de IngenierÃa;sep-dec2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p282
No abstract available.