RENÃ‰ LERICHE AND HIS WORK
- RenÃ© Leriche (1879â€“1955): Innovator of vascular surgery. Siang Yong Tan; Kwok, Erica // Singapore Medical Journal;Apr2015, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p184
A profile of the late French surgeon RenÃ© Leriche is presented. Particular focus is given to his educational background. William Halsted of Johns Hopkins Hospital is cited as a major influence on Leriche. Also mentioned are his interest in the sympathetic nervous system, research on...
- Professo Reneï¿½ Leriche. Samuels, Saul S. // Angiology;Feb1956, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p88
Focuses on the life and works of professor Renï¿½ Leriche in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Contributions of professor Leriche in the study of pathology; Career history; Level of achievements.
- They've Learned Something New About "Strokes" Silverman, Milton // Saturday Evening Post;11/11/1950, Vol. 223 Issue 20, p36
The article focuses on the injection treatment stellateganglion block for apoplexy. The treatment which has been used by physicians in the U.S. and Europe was given a chilly reception because it has been proposed by RenÃ© Leriche, a French physician which is considered by medical authorities...
- COLLEGE NEWS. // Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons;May2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p112
The article lists several candidates that have passed the physician and surgeon examinations held in January 2011 subject to confirmation by the council of Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- After I get skinny, I'm going to write a book and get my own TV show. BEGGS, BETH // Graham Leader;6/23/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 89, p4A
In this article the author shares his liking for certified super-heart surgeon Oz of Texas.
- Phenotypic Differences between Male Physicians, Surgeons, and Film Stars: Comparative Study. Hobbins, John C. // Internal Medicine Alert;2/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p20
THE INVESTIGATORS ENTICED 14 MALE SURGEONS and 16 male physicians (internal medicine and sub-specialists) to submit recent photographs of themselves to the investigators and to indicate how tall they were. In addition, photographs of 4 actors playing doctors were used as controls. They were...
- Practicing Un-Medicine. BRASCH, WALTER // Moderate Voice;7/19/2013, p5
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting a surgeon.
- OBITUARIES. Daniel, Rhodri; Franklin Eminson, Paul; Dewar, Hewan; Brewis, Alistair; Glencross, Avril; Lyons, Stephen; Clarke, David; Glen, Dugald; Norris, William // BMJ: British Medical Journal;2/2/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7893, p27
The article presents obituaries for several notable people including former consultant surgeon Owen Daniel, former consultant physician Hewan Archdale Dewar, and ophthalmic surgeon Edward Lyons.
- Retire? Not likely! Ghormley, L. W. // Medical Economics;10/8/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 19, p44
Presents an article on a surgeon who is still practicing at the age of 75. Changes experienced during his service; Hardest decisions made; Description of his typical day at the hospital.