RESOLVING THE CONTROVERSIES
- PERSPECTIVE. Gewitz, Michael // Cardiology Today;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
The author discusses fetal cardiac management and diagnosis.
- The Relationship Between Pulmonary Artery and Pulmonary Capillary Wedge Pressure for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Vascular Disease. Ilsar, Rahn; Bailey, Brian P.; Dobbins, Timothy A.; Celermajer, David S. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Jan2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p38
Background: Left heart disease and pulmonary vascular disease (PVD) both lead to raised pulmonary artery pressure (PAP) but differ in pathophysiology, prognosis and treatment. There are currently no criteria for diagnosing PVD in the presence of left heart disease. We therefore studied the...
- Reversing Heart disease in the New Millennium. Fleming, Richard M. // Angiology;Aug2000, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p617
Determines the effect of treatment based on an immunologic unified theory of vascular disease. Quantifying the extent and severity of coronary artery disease; Assessment of wall motion abnormalities and ejection fraction by both nuclear and echocardiographic methods; Components of treatment.
- A NONINVASIVE TECHNIQUE FOR USE IN CARDIOVASCULAR MASS SURVEYS. Carlisle, Raymond; Wilhelmsen, Lars; Wallentin, Ingemar // Angiology;Feb1973, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p69
Focuses on the effectiveness of mass X-ray surveys in screening for cardiac enlargement and portable amplifier-computor units. Consideration given to the direct recording of blood pressure; Comparison of simultaneous carotid pulse recording and apex cardiography; Assessment of the circulatory...
- Prediction of Coronary Artery Disease Using Pulse Wave Velocity and Retinal Artery Lesions. De-Zhao Wang; Qing Tang; Qi Hua // Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 225 Issue 1, p17
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the leading cause of death worldwide. The prevention and early diagnosis of CAD is important for the treatment of this disease. Since the coronary angiographic examination is not available for every hospital, the convenient, quick and cheap prediction marker is...
- Anatomy of Congenital Heart Disease Lesions Associated With Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Kiefer, Todd L.; Bashore, Thomas // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Winter2013, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p166
Adult congenital heart disease represents a growing population of patients. Many patients survive to adulthood and lead functional, productive lives. In fact, there are more adults living with congenital heart disease than pediatric patients. Many adult patients will have had prior surgical...
- The inefficient heart: causes and treatment. Stronach, Linda // West County Journal;1/11/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 2, pB2
The article focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of congestive heart failure.
- Demographic and Prescribing Patterns of Chinese Herbal Products for Individualized Therapy for Ischemic Heart Disease in Taiwan: Population-Based Study. Hung, Yu-Chiang; Tseng, Ying-Jung; Hu, Wen-Long; Chen, Hsuan-Ju; Li, Tsai-Chung; Tsai, Pei-Yuan; Chen, Hsin-Ping; Huang, Meng-Hsuan; Su, Fang-Yen // PLoS ONE;8/31/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
Objective: Combinations of Chinese herbal products (CHPs) are widely used for ischemic heart disease (IHD) in Taiwan. We analyzed the usage and frequency of CHPs prescribed for patients with IHD. Methods: A nationwide population-based cross-sectional study was conducted, 53531 patients from a...
- First diagnostic cardiac procedure performed in ORMC center. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p18
This article reports that Orange County's first diagnostic cardiac catheterization procedure was successfully performed on September 7, 2004 at Orange Regional Medical Center's (ORMC) Horton campus. After two years of planning to offer the latest cardiac technology, ORMC opened the Diagnostic...