Lumbar Sympathectomy for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- THE ROLE OF SYMPATHECTOMY IN ARTERIOSCLEROSIS OBLITERANS. Seligman, Bert // Angiology;Feb1952, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p48
This article focuses on the role of sympathectomy in arteriosclerosis obliterans. The failures attendant upon sympathectomy in artheriosclerosis obliterans have been more productive of revealing information than the successes. Surgeons have been chagrined at the lack of success in well selected...
- THE EFFECT OF ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ON EXPERIMENTAL ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Moses, Campbell; Rhodes, Grace L.; Levinson, J.P. // Angiology;Oct1952, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p397
Focuses on the study determining the effects of alpha tocopherol on patients with arteriosclerotic vascular disease. Improvement on the quality of life; Assessment on the response of the immune system from the treatment; Analysis on the blood samples of the patients.
- Pursuit of points 'is killing patients' // Pulse;9/20/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on the effects of echocardiography on patients suffering from heart failure in Great Britain. Assessment on the response of the immune system from the treatment; Reduction on the level of mortality rate; Description on the physical condition of the patients.
- New findings in Alzheimer's disease show Reminyl slows cognitive decline by up to 60% over four years. // PharmaWatch: CNS;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p9
Determines the efficacy of the Reminyl drugs on patients with Alzheimer's disease in the U.S. Reduction on the level of mortality rate; Improvement on the quality of life; Assessment on the response of the immune system from the treatment.
- A Curious Link Between Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Amplification and Survival: Effect of â€˜Allele Dilutionâ€™ on Gefitinib Sensitivity? Kaye, Frederic J. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;5/4/2005, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p621
Focuses on the effects of allele dilution on the sensitivity of gefitinib drugs on patients with lung cancer in Japan. Assessment on the response of the immune system from the treatment; Factors causing the rise of mortality rate; Induction of apoptotic cells.
- OTC simvastatin: a GP perspective. Findlay, Stewart // Pulse;9/20/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 37, special section p2
Determines the efficacy of the simvastatin drugs on patients with coronary heart disease in Great Britain. Assessment on the response of the immune system from the treatment; Reduction on the level of mortality rate; Description on the physical condition of the patients.
- Inflammation in Fish As Seen from A Morphological Point of View with Special Reference to the Vascular Compartment. Koppang, E. O.; Fischer, U.; Satoh, M.; Jirillo, E. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Dec2007, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p3649
Modern bony fishes or teleosts are increasingly being used as model organisms for human diseases. Ambitious mapping programmes have revealed parts of or entire genomes of several species. This information suggests that there are several similarities between the mammalian and teleost immune...
- OX40 ligand plays an important role in the development of atherosclerosis through vasa vasorum neovascularization. Nakano, Makoto; Fukumoto, Yoshihiro; Satoh, Kimio; Ito, Yoshitaka; Kagaya, Yutaka; Ishii, Naoto; Sugamura, Kazuo; Shimokawa, Hiroaki // Cardiovascular Research;Dec2010, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p539
Aims Atherosclerosis is characterized by infiltration of inflammatory cells and enhanced vasa vasorum formation, for which immunological mechanisms may be involved. OX40, a membrane-bound molecule of the tumour necrosis factor-receptor superfamily, is expressed by activated T-cells, while OX40...
- RECONSTRUCTIVE ARTERIAL SURGERY FOR MAJOR GANGRENE OF THE LOWER LIMB. Stefanics, J.; J�mbor, G. Y.; Cseng�dy, J.; Nagy, L. // Vascular Surgery;MayJun1972, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p133
Describes analysis and results of reconstructive arterial operations performed in patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Reason for performing lumbar sympathectomy; Factor which makes amputation imperative; Effect of the femoropoplitealsaphenousby-pass shunt on the gangrene.