Pancreaticobiliary biofilm: is cholesterol the answer?
- What is a stent? Rahman, Ali // New York Amsterdam News;10/11/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 41, p28
Focuses on stent a non-surgical procedure used to help diagnose heart problems. Facts of heart diseases; Number of American adults with elevated blood-cholesterol; Blood cholesterol levels for normal, with high blood and for people with heart disease.
- Everolimus. // Reactions Weekly;10/5/2013, Issue 1472, p20
An abstract of the article "Acquired peri-stent evaginations in a second generation durable polymer drug eluting stent," by T. K. Orhoj and colleagues is presented.
- Laparoscopic Bypass for Inoperable Disease of the Pancreas. Fingerhut, Abe; Cudeville, Corinne // Seminars in Laparoscopic Surgery;Mar1996, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p10
Based on the literature and the authors' experience, the principal laparoscopic techniques of cholecystojejunostomy, choledochoenterostomy, and gastrojejunostomy for palliative treatment of pancreatic carcinoma are described.
- Gastro-pancreaticostomy using a tube stent as a less invasive palliative treatment for malignant obstructive pancreatitis. NINOMIYA, MIZUKI; SHIRABE, KEN; TAKETOMI, AKINOBU; NOZOE, TADAHIRO; MAEDA, TAKASHI; NAKASHIMA, HIDEAKI; MATSUKUMA, AKITO; EZAKI, TAKAHIRO; MAEHARA, YOSHIHIKO // Surgery Today;Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p884
Surgical palliation of malignant obstructive pancreatitis poses a considerable burden to patients, especially those with extensive disease. We herein present a novel technique for performing gastro-pancreaticostomy using a tube stent as a less invasive palliative treatment for malignant...
- Peripancreatic pseudoaneurysms: a management-based classification system. Pang, Tony; Maher, Richard; Gananadha, Sivakumar; Hugh, Thomas; Samra, Jaswinder // Surgical Endoscopy;Jul2014, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p2027
Background: Peripancreatic pseudoaneurysms can arise in a number of different clinical settings but are associated mostly with pancreatitis and pancreatobiliary surgery. The aim of this study is to review the current literature and to propose a management classification system based on the...
- Resolution of Panniculitis after Placement of Pancreatic Duct Stent in Chronic Pancreatitis. Lambiase, Pier; Seery, John P.; Taylor-Robinson, Simon D.; Thompson, Jeremy N.; Hughes, J. Michael B.; Walters, Julian R. F. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1996, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p1835
The association of panniculitis and pancreatitis is well described. However, panniculitis remains a relatively uncommon manifestation of pancreatic inflammation. We report a case in which treatment of pancreatitis by the placement of a pancreatic stent led to simultaneous resolution of both the...
- Migration of biliary plastic stents: experience of a tertiary center. Arhan, Mehmet; Ödemiş, Bülent; Parlak, Erkan; Ertuğrul, İbrahim; Başar, Ömer // Surgical Endoscopy;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p769
Stent migration occurs in about 5â€“10% of patients undergoing biliary stenting. The aim of this study was to analyze the risk factors for stent migration in patients with benign and malignant strictures. We retrospectively analyzed records of 524 biliary plastic stent placement procedures....
- Biliary Endoprosthesis: A Prospective Analysis of Bacterial Colonization and Risk Factors for Sludge Formation. Schneider, Jochen; Hapfelmeier, Alexander; Fremd, Julia; Schenk, Philipp; Obermeier, Andreas; Burgkart, Rainer; Forkl, Stefanie; Feihl, Susanne; Wantia, Nina; Neu, Bruno; Bajbouj, Monther; von Delius, Stefan; Schmid, Roland M.; Algül, Hana; Weber, Andreas // PLoS ONE;Oct2014, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
Bacterial colonization of biliary stents is one of the driving forces behind sludge formation which may result in stent occlusion. Major focus of the study was to analyze the spectrum and number of microorganisms in relation to the indwelling time of stents and the risk factors for sludge...
- Characterizing the Expansive Deformation of a Bioresorbable Polymer Fiber Stent. Tre Welch; Cheng-Jen Chuong // Annals of Biomedical Engineering;May2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p742
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Polymeric vascular stents must employ other strategies than malleable deformation, as generally practiced with metal stents, to expand and withstand compressive stresses inÃ‚Â situ. The stent expansion strategy must further consider induced flow perturbations and...