A rare case of hypalbuminaemic oedema
- QUIZ. // Geriatrics;May1993, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p13
This article presents a quiz and its solution, related to geriatrics, that appeared in the May 01, 1993 issue of the periodical "Geriatrics."
- TREATMENT OF VULVAR LICHEN SCLEROSUS. Stone, Jaqueline; Cohen, Philip R. // Clinical Advisor;Dec2009, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p43
The article provides answers to questions about vulvar lichen sclerosus including the recommended treatment, the duration of the treatment, and whether or not therapy should be used on asymptomatic patients.
- Question of the Month: Hematology. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan70, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p28
Presents a question on the diagnosis of a man who had osteoporosis.
- Thiazolidinediones and fluid retention. Kiryluk, K.; Isom, R. // Kidney International;Sep2007, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p762
The article discusses a case of a patient diagnosed with a progressive dyspnea and edema. This case was experienced by a 67-year-old Caucasian woman with a medical history included that type 2 diabetes and hypertension of approximately 20 and 10 years of duration, hypothyroidism, morbid obesity,...
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. Gerson, Charlotte // Gerson Healing Newsletter;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
The article presents some questions that are frequently asked by patients? There are some questions that are asked all the time questions that truly concern people about their particular situation. How long until the tumor is gone? How long till the pain is gone? How long till one can exercise?...
- Aids to Glaucoma Compliance. // Review of Optometry;8/15/2006, Vol. 143 Issue 8, p92
The article presents questions and answers related to glaucoma therapy. An eye specialist has inquired about the problem with his patient who is not compliant with his glaucoma medication. It was stated that many of such patients continue to be non-compliant for various reasons. Many eye...
- Q & A: Practice Management. // Medical Economics;8/17/2007, Vol. 84 Issue 16, p53
The article presents questions and answers related to medical practice management. A reader asks whether the issuance of a form to patients who refuse treatment for chronic conditions or routine screening tests and let them sign it, is a good idea or not. Another questions when is the right time...
- Fever of Unknown Origin in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy. Held-Warmkessel, Jeanne // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
Answers questions related to fever of unknown origin in patients undergoing chemotherapy. Parameters which should be assessed to determine the etiology of a person's high temperature; Drugs which are known to cause febrile episodes; Factors which must be considered when determining whether a...
- Reader Questions. // ED Coding Alert;May2010, Vol. 13 Issue 5, pp38
The article presents questions and answers related to emergency department (ED) codes including how to code patients with no definitive diagnosis, how to code the diagnosis, hyperemesis grav. w/metabol. dist. No dehydration, and how to code secondary diabetes with renal manifest.