Make Your Mark
- Concepts, variables and classifications. // Retail Trade;Dec2006, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p67
The article provides information about the constituents of the retail trade sector in Canada. It comprises establishments engaged in retailing merchandise and rendering services incidental to the sale of merchandise. The retailing process served as the final step in the distribution of...
- Mix 'n' Match. Sykes, Claire // Casual Living;Jun2008, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses the practices of retailers that offer new products to improve sales and recover from poor merchandise management. It cites that diversifying merchandise gives customers options to select other related products and the convenience to buy more items from the store. Retailers...
- Now is the Time to Innovate on the Internet. Marcovitz, Marshall // Gourmet Retailer;May2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p124
The dizzying rate of business changes and challenges means marketers must have the best tools and skills at their disposal so they may use them to beat their competition. Recently, the author was doing some research and came across some valuable information from the Center for Excellence for...
- APPENDIX I. // Retail Trade;Oct2002, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p33
Presents information on aggregate sales made through retail locations in Canada as October 1, 2002. Definition of a retail location; Details on net sales; Description of department store type merchandise.
- Pernod Ricard: upselling keeps wine and spirits high for Xmas. // Grocer;9/17/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8022, p28
The article reports that the sales of premium products by retailers will enhance the growth of the wine and spirits in September 2011.
- Hungary retail sales climb in March. // Regional Today;5/7/2014, p1
The article discusses a report from Hungary's Central Statistical Office in Budapest on the country's retail sales which increased 8.3% in March 2014, with 7.9% rise in food, drinks and tobacco sales, 8.4% in non-food commodities and 9.5% in automobile fuel.
- Retail Sales Drop 1.5%; Ex-Autos Climb 0.5%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/15/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33200, p6
The article presents the report from the U.S. Commerce Department concerning the condition of the country's retail sales in 2009. Reportedly, retail sales in September 2009 posted a 1.5% decrease to 344.7 billion dollars on a seasonally adjusted basis, while retail sales excluding automobiles...
- Le MÃ©canisme de Fixation des Prix de la Tomate Sur les MarchÃ©s du District d'Abidjan (CÃ´te d'Ivoire). Gnabro, Ouakoubo Gaston // European Journal of Social Sciences;Feb2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3-4, p391
This text, after having highlighted the actors involved in the chain of tomatoes, explains the different mechanisms for setting the selling price of this commodity for mass consumption. It describes how the selling prices are set at each level of the distribution process of the tomato by key...
- What's Retailing. Schwartz, Meredith // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep2005, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p18
Presents the top 5 commercial products of several specialty retailers in the U.S.