Grabbing a piece of the action
- Marshall to switch DP to the franchise route. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p3
Reports that John Marshall, chairman of DP Furniture, is franchising more than 90 percent of its stores to increase the motivation of managers to compete in the market.
- Founder back in control at DP Furniture Express. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p3
Reports on the reappointment of John Marshall as the chief executive officer of DP Furniture Express. Responsibilities of Marshall in his new position; Expectations of Marshall in leading the team of directors in all operational aspects of the business; Plans of Marshall for the company.
- Millionaire action man. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p37
Profiles businessman John Marshall of Durnham Pine in Great Britain. Contributions to the furniture industry; Advice for incoming furniture industry businessmen; Gratefulness to a man called Goodwin.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2002, Issue 5318, p29
Reports developments and events in the furnishing industry in Great Britain as of December 2002. Recognition of La Galleria store; Details on the Grand Centenary draw of the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association; Retirement of John Marshall as agent at Quitmann's Agency.
- John Marshall. // Cabinet Maker;1/31/2003, Issue 5322, p2
Presents an obituary for John Marshall, former agent of Quitmann, Igoe and Quinn Furniture, who died on January 13, 2003.
- Credit card setback. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article focuses on the failure of John Marshall, former chairman of DP Furniture Express, to secure a deal for a credit card provider. It is a great setback for Marshall. He wanted to reconstruct a furniture chain following the administration of DP Furniture Express. He expected to establish...
- Kresge Foundation CEO plans to retire in June of 2006. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;6/6/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p2
The article reports that Kresge Foundation Inc. President and CEO John Marshall plans to retire in June of 2006 after 26 years with the Troy, Michigan-based nonprofit. Spencer Stuart, a global executive-search firm, is conducting the search for his successor. CEO John Marshall joined the...
- People & Places. Smith, Sandy // Occupational Hazards;Jan2004, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p22
Presents updates on employee selection in the occupational safety and health industry in the U.S. as of January 2004. Appointment of Karen T. Murphy at Ashland Inc.; Role of Jeffrey Star at 3E Co.; Significance of the appointment of John Marshall at the U.S. National Aeronautical and Space...
- Calvin Klein fabrics due from Kravet. // Furniture/Today;7/23/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p80
The article reports that Kravet introduced a licensed line of Calvin Klein Home decorative fabrics in summer 2008 to supplying to the interior design community in New York. The Calvin Klein collection includes multipurpose and upholstery wovens, window fabrics, and decorative trimmings. The...