- FIREFIGHTER! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on several recommended activities and reading exercises for students in connection with fire safety during the October 2000 National Fire Prevention Week in the United States.
- 'Fire drills: The great escape!' Theme of 1999 Fire Prevention Week. // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p51
Cites fire drills as the theme for the 1999 Fire Prevention Week, which annually held in October in the United States. Public awareness initiative; Aim to increase the number of households that have developed and practiced a home fire escape plan; Cartoon creator Marc Brown as partner for the...
- SPREADING THE SAFETY MESSAGE YEAR-ROUND. Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p115
Explores opportunities for spreading fire safety messages during the celebration of special weeks in the United States. Examples of special weeks; Ways of spreading fire safety messages.
- Hoover Valley VFD hosts hot dog supper. Boisseau, Charles Ryan // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/30/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 39, p3A
The article focuses on the Fire Prevention Week 2009 to be held at Hoover Valley Fire House near Burnet County, Texas.
- Get Fire Smart. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/5/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p3
The article outlines some fire-safety tips in line with the celebration of the National Fire Prevention Week in the U.S. from October 4 to 10, 2009.
- NEWS IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/5/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p8
A quiz about topics discussed in the October 5, 2009 issue of "Scholastic News" children's magazine is presented, including the National Fire Prevention Week in the U.S.
- Fire Prevention Week kits to arrive in fire departments this month. // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p39
Features the contents of the toolboxes that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) sent to fire chiefs in the United States and Canada in line with the celebration of the Fire Prevention Week on October 4-10, 1998. Guide for implementing the week's activities; Official `The Great...
- Stay Candle Safe. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;10/7/2005, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p3
Presents information on the dangers in using candles. Increase in the number of candle fires; Theme of the National Fire Prevention Week in October 2005; Tips from fire officials on staying safe in using candles.
- Innovations: Homegrown. Erickson, Kevin J. // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p213
Highlights the lessons learned during the celebration of the Fire Prevention Week 19998 by the Henrietta Fire District in West Henrietta, New York. Aim to spread fire safety messages to elementary school students, including their parents and siblings; Design for a magnetic message board based...