An Open and Closed Case
- QUEBEC CITY. Perry, George Sessions // Saturday Evening Post;2/18/1956, Vol. 228 Issue 34, p22
The article features Quebec City, Quebec. Shops in the city sell tourist essentials such as perfumes, chinaware and furs. It has a population of 220,000 and adopts French traditions and culture. The city emphasizes its difference from the rest of Canada, with its own flag raised on every...
- Catskill capitalizes on 'Top 10' designation. Draiss, Greg // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/20/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p27
The article announces that Catskill has been named as one of the top ten cool small town in the U.S. by "Frommer's Budget Travel." The designation goes to towns or villages with population under 10,000 that rival big cities for culture, food, and things to do. Catskill has been undergoing a...
- Berlin Nike Town to premiere. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/02/99, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p13
No abstract available.
- Bowling Shop Opens. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the Rusty J's Proshop bowling gear store has opened for business in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- NikeTown's invasion of London. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the opening of the Nike Town Store in London, England. Estimates of the store's construction cost; Description of the store's features.
- Scoring the winning design. Carlton, Rachel // Display & Design Ideas;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on the design of the retail store of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. at the Mall in Robinson near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the design of the store; Techniques used in the design and construction of the store; Elements of the design.
- Timisoara Outlet Village set to open in Romania. // Value Retail News;Nov2009 International Outlet Jour, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the opening of the Timisoara Oulet Village in the Calea Sagului district in Timisoara, Romania in 2011. Also dubbed as the Little Vienna, Timisoara is regarded as a large economic, commercial, and cultural center in the country since the 18th century. The village's...
- shopping. // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p91
The article presents information on several shops in the city of New Orleans, Louisiana. Ballin's features distinguished designer women's dresses for day or evening. It is open Monday to Saturday from 10 in the morning till 6 in the evening. Octavia Books is a general bookstore with a welcoming...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;7/23/1973, Vol. 49 Issue 22, p72
An excerpt from an article describing a town's retail establishments published in the "Honolulu Star Bulletin and Advertiser" newspaper in 1973 is presented.