How parks bill stands
- Suppliers put their brands on marquees. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;09/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p1
Reports on an increase in the number of cafes and kiosks in the United States bearing suppliers' logos on their marquees. Brands' power to attract customers; Food product companies that have out their brands on ready-to-eat outlets; Marketing experts' warning about the conversion of packaged...
- YANKEES FARM TEAM: Stadium controls costs as self-op. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the concessions operated by the Richmond County Bank Ballpark in Staten Island, New York. Reasons for operating the concessions in the stadium; List of menu items offered; Information on the luxury boxes catered by Framboise.
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: CONVENTION CTRS. OVERHAUL FOOD STANDS FOR VOLUME. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the foodcourts and concession stands opened by the Indianapolis Convention Center in Indiana. Concepts offered by the Maryland Foodcourt; Cooking capability of the concession stands; Check averages in the foodcourts; Upgrade given by ARAMARK to the Los Angeles Convention Center in...
- Football concessions score with upscale, classic items. Cavanaugh, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;9/5/94, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p1
Features the activities of food service contractors in line with the opening of the 1995 football season. Presentation of low-fat buffalo meat selections in the stands; Participation of restaurant chains; Innovations in ordering food.
- Stadium feeders back on deck as ball players take the field. Carlino, Bill; Kramer, Louise // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the positive impact of the end of the United States Major League baseball players' strike which began on August 12, 1994 on stadium foodservice concessionaires. Losses sustained by stadium restaurants during the strike; Comments by industry leaders; Preparations for the re-opening of...
- With 5 Permanent, 5 Mobile Concessions: County stadium steps up to the plate. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p136
Talks about the benefits and challenges of the Blair County Stadium in Altoona, Pennsylvania in operating concessions using volunteers from nonprofit groups. Information on the stadium's mobile concession stands; Job description of hawkers; Product-costs. INSET: High Supervision Ensures...
- TARGETS AIRPORTS TO SPORTS: CONCESSIONS LOOKS AHEAD. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p34
Features Concessions International, operator of food and beverage concessions in airports in the United States. Comments from Paul Giggi, senior vice president of business development at Concessions; Advantage of being a small company; Future plans of the company; Challenge in operating in an...
- Self-Serve Satisfaction. Watts, Anita // Film Journal International;Feb2004, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p50
This article focuses on the renovation of the concession area at the Mayan Palace 14 motion picture theater complex in San Antonio, Texas. The role of theater operator John Santikos is discussed. The innovative, self-serve concept of the new design offers many advantages.
- SNACK CORNER. Watts, Anita // Film Journal International;Nov2010, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p124
In this article the author discusses the role of food and beverage concessions in the economic success of both the U.S. film theater and college football stadium industries. She mentions the similarities between the offerings at football stadiums and theaters which include nachos, hot dogs and...