Engineering Controls Is CRITICAL: Keep up with rapidly changing technology
- ISA Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) program. // InTech;Jan2007, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p54
A quiz from the Level 1 study guide of the Instrument Society of America Certified Control Systems Technician program is presented.
- Version inquiry. Cravotta, Robert // EDN;3/2/2006, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p28
The article presents a narrative of the author's experience with a system-build and -integration effort of a research and development flight system. It discusses why the use of a variety of custom boards complicated the system-integration effort. It details the creation of electronics-control...
- Keep safety in mind when designing control panels. Berke, Lanny R.; Teschler, Leland // Machine Design;9/15/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 18, p62
Presents several safety guidelines in designing control panels. Location of controls, displays and indicators that relate to safety; Prevention of confusion or unintentional operation; Delay between activation of the control and the response in the display.
- I/O structures pull networks and controllers together. Gyorki, John R.; Davis, Laurie // Machine Design;08/20/98, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p88
Provides information on the input/output systems used in designing control system devices. Best way to find ideal input/output components; Information on the system structure of an application to consider before selecting components; Requirement for an input/output system.
- Quick-fit control panel. // Design News;8/6/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p47
Introduces a modular mounting and wiring system for control panels called Quick Fit technology that is available with motor starters from TeSys D Line. Percentage of wiring that can be attained; Percentage of time and space savings that can be gained; Range of its spring terminal current capacity.
- MY, WHAT A BIG CONSOLE YOU HAVE. // Remix;Jan2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p19
Presents information on music consoles unveiled during the annual AES Convention held in San Francisco, California in October 2004. Nuendo 3 from Steinberg; UAD-1-compatible Plate 140 Reverb from Universal Audio; Absynth 3 from Native Instruments.
- Code changes affect the plant floor. Smith, Jack // Plant Engineering;May2006, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p48
The article discusses the National Electrical Code titled "Standard for Safety for Industrial Control Panels," or UL 508A which covers industrial control panels intended for general industrial use, operating from a voltage of 600 volts or less. This requirement became effective on April 25,...
- Arduino Uno. Naone, Erica // Technology Review;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p78
The article brief information on the Arduino control board.
- Evolution UC-33 U-Control. Anderton, Craig // Keyboard;Sep2003, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p102
Features the Evolution UC-33 U-Control, a control surface. Number of memory location; Limitation in the number of control overlays; Control box for soft synths and mixing.