Is the price right?
- Cauval exit clears way for Payne bid as MacKenzie prepares to retire. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p2
Focuses on the decision of French group Cauval to end its attempt to acquire British furniture firms, Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer, from Hillsdown Holdings. Preferred bid headed by John Payne who has resigned as Hillsdown chief executive; Deadline imposed for any sale; Cauval's search for...
- Hillsdown might sell Christie Tyler and Walker & Homer. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p5
Reports on the possibility that Hillsdown Holdings may put upholstery companies Christie Tyler and Walker & Home for sale as part of a disposal review. Increase in the combined profits of the two companies in 1997; Current furniture trading of Hillsdown as satisfactory.
- Autumn date likely for C-T and Walker & Homer sale. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p6
Reports on the completion of the sale of Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer by September 1998. Combined operating profit of the stores in 1997; Remarks from Michael Teacher, chief executive of parent company Hillsdown Holdings.
- No trade sale for C-T and Walker & Homer. // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p2
Reports on the sale of Great Britain-based upholstery companies Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer by their parent company Hillsdown Holdings. Possible overseas buyers for the companies.
- MBO mooted for Christie-Tyler. // Cabinet Maker;04/24/98, Issue 5085, p2
Reports that a management buyout will be the likely option for Christie-Tyler after the announcement of its parent company Hillsdown Holdings on the future of its non-food divisions. Restructuring of the sales operation from agents to sales representatives at Hillsdown and its divisions;...
- MBO indicated for C-T and Walker & Homer sell off. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p2
Reports on the management buyout for Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer, two of Great Britain's largest upholstery manufacturers. Reasons for the management buyout instead of floating them on the stock market; Combined turnover and operating profit of the two companies together with the office...
- Growth for C-T as sister group slows. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p4
Reports on the earnings of British upholstery firm Christie-Tyler and sister company Walker & Homer in 1998.
- Top man. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p20
Reports on Hillsdown Holdings PLC's growth plans for its Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer furniture units. Move of the company toward specialist furniture stores in Great Britain; Comments from Michael Teacher, Hillsdown's chief executive; Export plans; Teacher's vision for the company's...
- And then there were two ... // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p4
Reports that there are only two bidders left for the acquisition of Great Britain-based Christie-Tyler and Walker and Homer furniture companies.