Lesbians in Nigeria
- Sex and Oppression in South Asia. Khan, Surina A. // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Fall95, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p27
Describes ways in which South Asian culture is extremely uncomfortable with the issue of lesbianism. Author's narration of the difficulties she has faced as a Pakistani lesbian; Roles of the images of gays and lesbians in the history of South Asia; References to homosexuality in the 'Kama...
- What we see is what we think. Uyehara, Denise // Lesbian News;Feb95, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p53
Comments that a person's perception is influenced by his experiences. Putting a neon pink sign with an collection of articles and newspapers; Going to a queer support group; Topics discusses in a lesbian writers' workshop.
- To be young, in love and lesbian. Rebekah, Jennifer // Lesbian News;Feb95, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p58
Accounts author's experience of taking pride in being young, in love and a lesbian. Confusion over feelings towards women; Importance of support and encouragement of peer groups; Valuing the diversity in every person.
- Disneyland at the dock of the bay. Palacios, Monica // Lesbian News;Feb98, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p25
Opinion. Looks at the authors' experience as a waitress at Pepes' on the Pier 39 restaurant in 1984. Description of the restaurant's uniform; Attitudes of co-workers towards the author's lesbian sexuality; What lesson the author learned from the experience.
- Mommy's busy. Clinton, Kate // Advocate;03/31/98, Issue 756, p69
Focuses on lesbians of modern society. Issues which got the attention of lesbians; How to train lesbians for the difficult task of running gay men's lives.
- Can't we all just get along. Asanati, Ta'Shia // Lesbian News;Aug96, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p39
Focuses on the gap between black and white lesbians due to cultural upbringing. Opposing views of black lesbians to interracial lesbian relationships; Need to acknowledge the differences between them; Sharing about fear from both parties; Committing to working through the difficult feelings.
- AVOIDANCE TECHNIQUE. McPhail, Donna // Diva;Nov2010, Issue 174, p12
The author discusses the avoidance technique of the lesbian women by being unfriendly to prevent criticisms from the public.
- England: Lords OK lesbian, gay rights. // Off Our Backs;Jul96, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p3
Presents an excerpt from the article entitled `England: Lords OK lesbian, gay rights,'published in the June 1996 issue of `Everywoman,' concerning the bill passed by the House of Lords banning discrimination against lesbians and gays.
- Breaking even more of the rules. Sussely, Flora // Lesbian News;Jul96, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p47
Focuses on allowing one's self to do what is desired without trying to win `straight' people's approval. Seizing the opportunity to create fun out of the extraordinary; `Out of grace' view of lesbians by some segments of the society.