Who should pay?
- Minerva gets closer to Allders. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/99, Issue 5165, p2
Focuses on property firm Minerva's increase of its stake in department store chain Allders.
- No special breaks for Bloomie's. // Crain's New York Business;3/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p8
Reports the opening of Bloomingdale Department Store in Soho, New York, New York. Advantage of the department store chain in the thriving retail district; Use of incentives to narrow the taxes for companies; Details on the special treatment for Bloomingdale Department Store.
- Federated CEO: Looking at Options For Fingerhut Division. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/7/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the financial challenges faced at the Fingerhut catalog, a division of Federated Department Stores in New York. Overview of the acquisition of the catalog business; Operations of the department store; Focus of the company.
- PUERTO RICO'S LARGEST DEPARTMENT STORES. // Caribbean Business;8/3/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p59
Presents a chart depicting the rankings of department stores in Puerto Rico. Includes the Sears Roebuck de P.R. Inc., Wal-Mart Home Office P.R. Inc. and Topeka Inc.; Estimation of gross sales; Information about each department store.
- Harrods sold for Â£1.5b. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2010, Issue 5687, p5
The article announces the move of Mohammed Al Fayed to sell the London, England department store Harrods to the Qatari royal family's investment firm for 1.5 billion pounds.
- Shoppers flock to opening of Leekes' new flagship store. Oliphant, Jane // DIY Week;10/5/2012, p4
The article reports on the opening of the biggest-yet Leekes home department store in Coventry, England as of October 5, 2012.
- Boscov's seeking to sell stores to equity firms. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;9/29/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Boscov's is seeking court permission to sell most of its stores to a private equity firm that would continue to operate the business. Boscov's is the department store chain that filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August 2008. The article reports on the...
- Federated To Close One More Store. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p46
The article presents an announcement of the closing of Robinsons-May south store in Westfield North Country in Escondido, California as announced by Cincinnati-based Federated Department Stores Inc. This is in addition to the closure of the Robinson's-may north store. Both stores will going out...
- Seymour Line Drives Saks Home Business. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;11/15/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the business operations of SAKS Department Store Group in the U.S. Nature of the company's business; Products and services offered by the company; Business goals and missions.