Our Specials Tonight Are . .
- Cable Gets Into the Act in a Big Way. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p24
Highlights the proliferation of entertainment news programs in cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 2003. Potential reason behind the interest of cable networks toward entertainment news programs; Structure of programming at E! Entertainment Television; Growth in the...
- 'Limited Series' Gaining Momentum on Cable. Hibberd, James // Television Week;12/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p20
Deals with the popularity of limited series television (TV) programs in U.S. cable networks. Features of limited series programming; Discussion of different definitions given for limited series programs; Advantage of the limited series label for TV programs.
- Discovery Tops Myers Survey of Ops. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p24
Focuses on findings of a survey by Jack Myers Report according to which Discovery Networks U.S. affiliate-sales force ranked as number one for the overall performance. Rating assigned to Discovery Networks out of a potential 100; Percentage of good/excellent rating received by Turner Networks;...
- Ready to Tout Ratings Gains. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
Presents information on a study conducted by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) focusing on the performance of cable television against broadcast TV over the first 20 weeks of the 2005 TV season in the U.S. Percentage in data points gained by the advertisements supported by cable...
- The Year Basic Cable Arrived. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/22/2003-12/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p1
Presents an overview of the U.S. cable television industry in 2003. Distribution gap between broadcast and cable; Effort of broadcasters to combat cable's strong performance in June 2003; Ratings of cable networks.
- Rethinking Support for New Services. Feinberg, Brion // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p29
Discusses how cable television companies in the U.S. can compete effectively in the novel services sector. Efforts of cable competitors to develop and support Internet protocol features; Ways by which cable can improve its operations support systems approach; Amount spent by cable companies in...
- Escaping Scripted Budget Prison. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/2013-7/22/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 27, p20
The article focuses on issues surrounding the broadcasting and cable television industry in the U.S. in 2013. It highlights the move of several cable networks in the country such as Discovery, History, and Bravo to shift into scripted programming. International independent producers such as...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the decision by the municipal government in Taunton, Massachusetts to withdraw its proposed launching of cable TV service. Reason for the decision of the municipal government.