- Call Out the Fireflies. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the views of Fred Mandell, a financial planner, on the ability of financial planners to develop creative competencies that can be used in positions of management and leadership or to gain a competitive edge. According to Mandell, people live in a world in which most think...
- Making the Case for CFP. Rattiner, Jeffrey H. // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p71
Focuses on the argument over the advantages of the certified financial planner designation. Facts about the designation; Processes and philosophies that financial advisers should follow when providing services; Ways on how financial advisers can help elevate the profession to a higher level.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Byrne, Tony // Money Marketing;7/31/2003, p21
Offers a look at the condition of financial services industry in Great Britain. Transition from commission-based financial advisers to fee-based financial planner; Investment performance of financial companies; Reluctance of insurance companies to accept risks; Emergence of fund supermarkets,...
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p32
The article lists reports that explore the financial services industry which includes "Financial Advisors' Views of Service," "Life and Superannuation in Australia 2008," and "UK Travel Insurance 2008."
- Move to License Financial Planners. // Accounting Technology;Oct2003 Supplement, p13
Reports on industry guidelines that will require professional licenses for financial planners in Malaysia and Singapore. Amendments to the Securities Industry Act of 1983 in Malaysia; Review of licensing guidelines by the Securities Commission in Singapore; Encouragement of the Financial...
- Who's minding your money? Bowser, Andrew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5A
Focuses on the determination of suitable financial professionals in the United States. Insurance agents; Financial planners; Bankers; Stockbrokers; Incentives; Determination of the amount of risk; Evaluation of a financial professional. INSET: Three investment scenarios: What the pros advice..
- Preparing for Next Year. Morrow, Edwin P. // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p117
Offers some tips to help financial planners make progress in the financial services industry for the year 2002. Diversification of revenue sources; Product knowledge enhancement; Need to increase professional involvement.
- Diversify Thyself. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p123
Emphasizes the importance for financial planners to diversify their practices. Comments on the fee-only compensation model for the financial planning practice; Changes in the attitude of buyers; Sources of financial planners' income.
- Sitting? Bull! Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p127
Offers tips for financial planners. Steps in business planning; Services needed by affluent investors; Types of clients served by advisers.