Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Overview of Histoplasmosis. Kurowski, Rene; Ostapchuk, Michael // American Family Physician;12/15/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p2247
Presents the manifestations, diagnosis and treatment of histoplasmosis. Facts of a medical case on a histoplasmosis patient; Epidemiology; Pathogenesis of the disease.
- Photo Quiz: Deep-seated mycosis. // Medical Mycology Journal;
No abstract available.
- A Large Urban Outbreak of Histoplasmosis: Clinical Features. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar81, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p331
Presents a study which assessed an outbreak of histoplasmosis in Indianapolis, Indiana between 1978 and 1979. Method of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- The Epidemiology of Histoplasmosis. Campbell, Charlotte C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun65, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p1333
Editorial. Discusses the epidemiology of histoplasmosis. Clinical manifestations; Lack of studies on the prevalence of the disease in highly endemic places; Possibility of antigenic types of the histoplasma capsulatum organism which may not react with the antigens.
- Gaucher's Disease In A 72-Year-Old Man: Case Report And Review Of Literature. Elshimali, Yahya; Ganjian, Shahrouz // Internet Journal of Pediatrics & Neonatology;2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p3
This is A 72-year-old male was unexpectedly diagnosed with Gaucher's disease by bone marrow biopsy, which was later confirmed by measuring beta glucosidase enzyme in leukocytes and by electron microscopy. This patient had a translocation between chromosomes 5 and 14 along with an unusual...
- Spectrum of abdominal sonographic findings in 103 pediatric patients with Gaucher disease. Patlas, Michael; Hadas-Halpern, Irith; Abrahamov, Aya; Elstein, Deborah; Zimran, Ari // European Radiology;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p397
The purpose of this study was to catalogue spleen and liver features by US in a cohort of 103 pediatric patients with Gaucher disease, and to document response to enzyme replacement therapy by serial US examination. There were 42 boys and 61 girls, 2 were splenectomized. Forty-eight patients...
- GAUCHER'S DISEASE. TATUM IV, WILLIAM O.; KAPLAN, PETER W.; JALLON, PIERRE // Epilepsy A to Z: A Concise Encyclopedia;2009, p146
An encyclopedia entry for "Gaucher's Disease (GD)" is presented. It refers to a sphingolipidosis that belongs to a group of conditions called as the glycosylceramidoses. The three forms of GD are adult-onset chronic form, a rare infantile fatal form and a chronic form with neurologic...
- Unusual presentation of adult Gaucher's disease: A long and difficult road to diagnosis. Jain, Vishakha V.; Yelwatkar, Samir // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Jul2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p224
Gaucher's disease is the most frequent sphingolipid storage disease. We present a case of type 1 non-neuropathic type of adult Gaucher's disease patient with atypical presentation.
- phlebotomize. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1774
A definition of the term "phlebotomize," which refers to taking blood from a person, is presented.