An Update and More
- ARE TAX-DEFERRED VARIABLE ANNUITIES APPROPRIATE FOR AN INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO? Kahn, Alan D.; Lipoff, Lawrence M.; Landau, Jerome; Simon, Debra M.; Sonet, Richard H.; Brizard, Peter; Gordon, Ellen G. // CPA Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on purchasing tax-deferred variable annuities in the United States. Variable annuity as a source of income; Tips on purchasing variable annuities; Investment options being offered by variable annuities; Taxation of variable annuities.
- Variable annuity sales surge despite tax change. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;11/18/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 222, p15
Reports that predictions that tax code changes in the United States would stunt growth of variable annuity sales at banks and other brokers have proven premature. Increase in variable sales according to Limra International; Comparison of profitability for banks between variable annuities and...
- Annuity Industry Takes Tax Offensive. Kosnett, Jeffrey R. // LAN: Life Association News;Jun99, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the tax status of the variable annuity issuers and marketers in the United States. Tax disadvantage facing annuitants; Familiarity of annuity companies' officials with the annuity tax offensive; Total cost paid by the life insurance companies to annuity beneficiaries in 1997.
- Exploiting the VA Tax Edge. Huggard, John P. // On Wall Street;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on several misconceptions about the tax treatment of variable annuities (VA) and mutual funds. Myth of investing; Average turnover ratio of equity funds; How mutual funds expose investors to hidden income tax expenses; Benefits received from VA than from mutual funds; Advantage of VA...
- Putting the Kids to Work Can Save Clients on Their Taxes: Tax Strategies Scan. // Financial-planning.com;9/17/2015, p1
How a client can save on taxes by employing their children. Plus, helping clients take advantage of education tax benefits, and maintaining tax-efficient retirement portfolios.
- The Tax Advantages of VAs in Today's World. // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pA1
The article focuses on the essentiality of variable annuities (VAs) to provide tax flexibility and control helping assets to grow in a tax-deferred manner in the U.S. VAs allow buyers to change their asset allocation buying and selling investments without facing a tax hit. The capability of VAs...
- The Tax Advantages of VAs in Today's World. // Financial Planning;Aug2010, Vol. 40 Issue 8, pA1
The article focuses on the tax advantages of variable annuities (VA) in the U.S. market. According to Chris Edwards, director of tax policy at the Cato Institute in Washington, D.C., as the tax cuts imposed by the administration of former U.S. President George W. Bush expire at the end of fiscal...
- Taxing Prosperity. Kosnett, Jeffrey R. // LAN: Life Association News;Nov99, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p68
Focuses on tax issues that hinder the growth of variable annuities in the United States. Indications of its growth in assets and sales; Features of the annuity business; Programs which consider annuity taxes; How taxes affect annuities.
- As Expected, More Insurance Tax Talk. Katz, Michelle // LAN: Life Association News;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the United States government's 1999 insurance-related tax proposals. Information on President Bill Clinton's Fiscal 2000 budget proposal; Industrial impact of the business-use insurance taxes; Federal taxes paid by life insurance companies between 1986 and 1995.