Sacrificing the few for the many
- Top 25. Koenig, Karen Malamud // Wood & Wood Products;May93, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p91
Features Wood and Wood Products' selection of the top 25 cabinetmakers. Sales; Growth area; Types of cabinet; Home improvement center industry; Hardwood availability's effect on the cabinetmaking industry.
- THE MEEKS CABINET MAKING FIRM IN NEW YORK CITY. Pollack, Jodi // Magazine Antiques;May2002, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p102
Focuses on the Meeks cabinetmaking firms during the period of 1797 to 1835 in New York City. Establishment of the furniture industry; Quality of furniture in revival styles produced by the company; Illustration of the shift from the master craftsman shop to factory style production.
- 100 up for Guild Marks. // Cabinet Maker;04/09/99, Issue 5133, p25
Reports that the Worshipful Co. of Furniture Makers is celebrating breaking the 100 barrier for Production Guild Marks.
- Quality in abundance. // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2001, Issue 5258, p16
Focuses on the success of retailers in the furniture industry. Nomination of the furniture retailers by consumers; Recognition of Macclesfield-based Arighi Bianchi as the recipient of the Manufactures' Retailer of the Year; Significance of business partnerships and products on the increase of...
- News in Brief. // Cabinet Maker;10/23/98, Issue 5111, p3
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the cabinet manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Includes Sonae's plan to build a chipboard factory in Knowsley, Merseyside; Popularity of Stag's Jessica model sofa; Bedroom and kitchen group Symphony's receipt of the Positive About Disabled...
- Study links component purchases with profits. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep93, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p63
Reports on the findings of a study on the purchase of wood component parts by major United States furniture and cabinet manufacturers. Comparison with the 1984 study; Outside sources for components parts; Common wood component part purchased; Reasons why parts are purchased; In-house parts...
- Brands not delivering for manufacturers. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p2
Presents survey results involving brand performance in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Key factors as to why stores are not switching suppliers; Manufacturers who have done research on consumer preference; Percentage of retailers who do not consider manufacturers' product innovation...
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;10/02/98, Issue 5108, p2
Presents furniture-related news items Great Britain for the week of October 2, 1998. Includes fiber fillings firm Enkev's opening of a factory in Silloth, Cumbria; Relocation of the Holding Co.; Britain's retail sales in August 1998.
- Adapt to changing market, warns FIRA. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2002, Issue 5311, p2
Reports on threats facing furniture makers in Great Britain.