'Fire Had an Attitude'
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Equipment and Parts for Extinguishing Chemical Fires in India. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/19/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on outlook for equipment and parts for extinguishing chemical fires for 2009-2014 in various states, union territories and cities of India including Delhi, Goa, and Gujarat are presented.
- Extinguishing Ethanol Fires: Practice Needed for Proficiency. Williams, Dwight // Fire Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p76
The author reports on the ways in which ethanol fires are different than other types of fires. According to the article, ethanol fires burn differently than fires ignited in other ways, such as gasoline, and therefore they should not be extinguished in the same manner. The author states that...
- The 2009 Report on Equipment and Parts for Extinguishing Chemical Fires: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/ 7/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for equipment and parts for extinguishing chemical fires for 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE) estimates for the product for each city,...
- Pic of the month. // Works Management;Aug2011, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p6
A photograph is presented depicting a chemical fire which sent exploding aerosols rocketing towards nearby cars and buildings in Crewe, England.
- Wisconsin Gas eases town's recovery from train explosion. Hilliker, Carrie // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr97, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the emergency management of fire and police departments and public utilities in Wisconsin after an explosion of propane liquid gas carried by an 81-car freight train on a Wisconsin Central Ltd. railroad on March 4, 1996. Occurrence of explosion near the Wisconsin Gas natural gas gate...
- Fire extinguishers. Kimber, Robert // Country Journal;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p82
Gives details on fire extinguishers. Classes of fires; Types of extinguishers; Points to consider before buying; Proper use.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p142
Features several fire fighting vehicles and equipment. Pierce fire trucks built for the Kirby Fire Department in Texas; Seagrave Fire Apparatus fire truck built for the Wallington Fire Department in New Jersey; Chevrolet Suburban incident command unit; Southern Coach fire truck built for the...
- Products--services--media. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p146
Features several fire fighting equipment and supplies. Sharpeye 20/20L UV/IR Flame Detector from Spectrex Inc.; Digital Voice Recorder from Sigtronics; TMX412 Multi-Gas Monitor from Industrial Science Corp.; Omni-4000 Gas Detector from ENMET Corp.; Aluminum Suction Hose Tray and Bracket from...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p143
Features various equipment, supplies and services related to fire fighting. Includes firefighter training system; Fire engine; Sirens; Waterproof and body fluid-proof outerwear; Portable foam unit; Fireboats; Electric nozzle.