Finding f/s workers
- Industry needs to polish own image in effort to hire brightest candidates. Doherty, James; Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p21
Editorial. Comments on the `Nation's Restaurant News' report which underscored difficulties in the labor market equation in the foodservice industry in the United States. Critical elements of the hiring equation; Type of market for the industry as far as employment is concerned; Challenges in...
- Aging work force creates new challenges for restaurant industry. Marshall-Mims // Nation's Restaurant News;07/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p82
Discusses the impending labor shortage in the United States' food service industry. Age range of the work force; Challenges of the industry from demographic trends.
- Mood: 9-of-10 are bullish; see f/s revs. rising. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the labor shortage facing the foodservice industry in the United States. Impact of labor issues on how operators manage their foodservice operations; Factors that contribute to the shortage; Measures taken to overcome some labor problems.
- Viewpoint: Much Ado About Labor. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Comments on the labor problems in food service in the United States. Approaches in solving the labor problem; Opinion on labor by food service directors; Ways in seeking outside assistance to improve the labor situation.
- The best employees money can buy won't stick around without the right incentives. Rien, Gregory B. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/02/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p34
Comments on factors which may cause the shortage of employees in the United States food service industry. Qualifications for the job; Lack of employee motivation; Absence of job satisfaction.
- Is diversity the answer to labor woes? DeLuca, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p16
Editorial. Features the new organization called the MultiCultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance and the reasons for its creation. Group as a forum that aims to promote diversity awareness as an answer to labor woes, specifically in the United States food service industry; Foodservice...
- Lack of help turning table on restaurants. Podmolik, Mary Ellen // Crain's Chicago Business;10/04/99, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p4
Reveals the scarcity of restaurant employees in Chicago, Illinois. Restaurateurs' decision to offer perks and incentives to lure workers; Strong state economy as reason for the lack of manpower.
- LOOKING UP: SAY IT AGAIN. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p32
Comments on several human resource issues in the food service industry in the United States as of April 15, 2001. Decline in the number of job applicants; Compensation issue; How to attract candidates for employment; Employee retention; Shift in demographics in colleges and universities.
- MENU WATCH. // National Provisioner;Aug2000, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p100
Reports on the need in the United States for food products that ease the burden of labor in the kitchen. Link between U.S. economic growth and labor shortages for the food service operators; Ethnic cuisines which have turned mainstream; Failure to distinguish herbs and spices.