Demographics & change
- Casual-dining operators look to demographics to foil recession. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/19/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
Reports that several operators and analysts at a food service industry conference are anticipating favorable demographic trends to help improve the restaurant sector through a downturn projected for the United States economy in 2001. Restaurant operators' presentations to the group of fund...
- Making connections. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;4/30/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p9
An introduction to the magazine is presented in which the editor discusses several articles within the issue on topics including the characteristics and brands of different demographics, how modern technology can influence consumer interest in a food, and profiles of 2012 MenuMasters Award winners.
- Forecast 2003: Growth uptick despite stormy economy. Liddle, Alan J.; Peters, James // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
Details the National Restaurant Association forecast of growth in food-and-drink sales in the U.S. for 2003. Need for the federal government to implement a fiscal-stimulus policy that will restore consumer confidence and attract investment; Optimism of operators in the casual-dining segments. ...
- Operators fear post-9/11 economy could prove too taxing in 2003. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p50
Predicts the increase in total eating-place sales in the Middle Atlantic States in 2003. Worries about increased taxation; Spending deficits faced by operators. INSET: 2003 MID-ATLANTIC FORECAST.
- No ifs, and or buts: Restaurateurs hope food sales continue to grow. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p52
Forecasts the increase in total eating-place sales in New England in 2003. Factors that may contribute to the increase; Amount of projected sales. INSET: 2003 NEW ENGLAND FORECAST.
- Cautious consumers, tight labor to shape Midwest's growth destiny in '99. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p70
Provides an outlook for restaurants in the Midwest of the United States in 1999. Views of some restaurant executives; Outlook for each state; Economic conditions of the states.
- Mid-Atlantic operators' optimism defies region's slow-growth forecast. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p74
Provides an outlook for restaurants in Mid-Atlantic states of the United States in 1999. Sales projections; Comments from some restaurant executives; Economic conditions of the region.
- New England operators' hear hum of growth as labor blues sound sour note. Battaglia, Andy // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p76
Provides an outlook for restaurant operators in New England in 1999. Foodservice sales projections; Comments from some operators; Concerns of operators.
- Getting bullish on foodservice for 1995. Sampson, Fred G. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p36
Opinion. Presents the prospects for the food service industry in 1995. Rise in advertising expenditures; Supermarket's involvement in foodservice.