Two years of change
- Be Firewise. Hagler, Gina // Odyssey;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p14
Presents information on the fire fighting programs developed by the forestry and fire-fighting organizations.
- Checking for fire spread at a high-rise fire. Dunn, Vincent // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p26
Recommends procedure to follow when searching for fire extension during a high-rise fire. Window-to-window fire spread; Curtain wall void; Utility costs; Air-conditioning periphery vents; Floor collapse; Open stairway; Central air-conditioning return ducts.
- Fire Drill. Goldin, Naomi // Scholastic Choices;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p27
A quiz related to fire prevention is presented.
- Fire Chief, Contra Costa County Fire Protection District -- Pleasant Hill, Calif. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/11/2013, p1
The article features the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District of Pleasant Hill, California.
- Products-services-media. // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p130
Presents various equipment and information resources regarding fire prevention and extinction in the United States as of June 1996. Product description and manufacturer; Application, use and importance; Technology description of new products; Contact information.
- More `whadda ya mean by that!!'. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p124
Addresses various issues concerning firefighting and fire prevention. Structural fire tactic; Accountability of the on-duty firefighter; Preconnected crosslay.
- No 'routine' jobs. Brannigan, Francis L. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p93
Presents news items and information concerning firefighting and fire prevention in the United States as of November 1998. Includes the safety standard issued by California-based Los Angeles City Fire Department regarding roof operations; Risks posed by inside gas leaks; Death of two Albert...
- COMMON PREINCIDENT INTELLIGENCE FAILURES. Bachman, Eric G. // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p165
Focuses on preincident intelligence in firefighting characterize by information-gathering process for target hazards. Beneficial functions of preincident intelligence; History of the process; Tragic effects of the lack of preincident preparedness; Common failures in preincident intelligence.
- 'GREAT MANNING'? Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p216
Discusses support tactics for structural firefighting. Factors to consider in staging an interior attack; Dangers associated with firefighting.
- Adapting Our Culture. Malmquist, John // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p112
Presents fire officers and fire prevention experts' opinion on the fire service in the U.S. Don Anthony, retired chief of the Los Angeles Fire Department; John Malmquis, executive director of CalChiefs.