- Corporate Governance and Financial Reform in China's Transition Economy. Pascoc, Richard // China Journal;Jul2011, Issue 66, p214
A review is provided of the book "Corporate Governance and Financial Reform in Chinaï¿½s Transition Economy," by Jing Leng.
- Corporate Governance Lessons from Transition Economy Reforms. // New Zealand Management;Nov2006, Vol. 53 Issue 10, Special section p22
The article reviews the book "Corporate Governance Lessons From Transition Economy Reforms," edited by Merritt B. Fox and Michael A. Heller.
- Corporate Governance in Transition Economies: the Case of Different Countries in the Field of CG. Dibra, Rezart; Brahimi, Fran; Shehu, Hidajet; Suli, Dudi // European Journal of Business & Management;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p101
Corporate Governance Lessons from Transition Economy Reforms explores a timely topic at the intersection of economics, law, and policy reform. To date, most sophisticated theoretical work on corporate governance has focused on advanced market economies. In developed market economies, a system of...
- INSTITUTIONAL CHANGES AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE MECHANISMS IN TRANSITION ECONOMIES. Le, Son A.; Kroll, Mark J.; Walters, Bruce A. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2005, pZ1
The purpose of this paper is to examine how institutional changes affect corporate governance in transition economies. We develop a transition model that suggests the transition process consists of early, intermediate, and late stages. We assess the effectiveness of major corporate governance...
- Big fish seeks a new pond. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p32
Profiles South Australian Government's Economic Development Board chairman Robert de Crespigny. Transition from corporate executive to government worker; Comment regarding the process of redesigning the state's economy; Worries of de Crespigny.
- Stages of Corporate Governance in Transition Economies. Le, Son A.; Kroll, Mark J.; Walters, Bruce A. // Journal of Business Strategies;Fall2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p151
We develop a model of corporate governance stages in transition economies, including bureaucratic control-based; relational; and rule, market-based corporate governance. We demonstrate how institutions shape stakeholders' dominant sources of control power and firms' dominant origins of resources...
- CORPORATE GOVERNANCE IN THE TRANSITION ECONOMIES. NACHESCU, MIRUNA-LUCIA; BARNA, FLAVIA-MIRELA; POPESCU, MARIN // Annals of 'Constantin Brancusi' University of Targu-Jiu. Economy;Mar2015, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p106
Corporate governance has been an important issue in the economic literature of the last decades, a strong corporate governance framework being extremely important in order to increase the confidence of the stakeholders. Also, the transition economies are an important issue of research,...
- Institutional investors in Bulgarian corporate governance reform: obstacles or facilitators? Belev, Boyan // Journal of World Business;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p361
Institutional investors can play a special role in corporate governance reform given their dual status as both objects and subjects of corporate governance. In transition economies these investors can turn into an obstacle to good governance practices because of inconsistency of their strategy...
- The Role of Corporate Governance in Transition Countries. Brahimi, Fran; Dibra, Rezart; Prodani, Geraldina // European Journal of Business & Management;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 20, p166
Corporate governance has come to the forefront of academic research due to the vital role it plays in the overall health of economic systems. The wave of U.S. corporate fraud in the 1990s was attributed to deficiencies in corporate governance. The recent 2008-2009 global financial crisis,...
- Editor's Introduction. Brada, Josef C. // Eastern European Economics;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the spread of multinational corporations and globalization. Mechanism for incorporating the transition economies of Eastern Europe; Global economy of the Soviet Union.