One year on
- Creditors are still waiting. // Cabinet Maker;09/04/98, Issue 5104, p2
Focuses on creditors' efforts to determine if they will receive any money raised from the sale of stores, stocks and branded products of Maples, the British furniture chain that collapsed in 1997.
- The truth will out. // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p1
Opinion. Comments on the financial problems faced by British furniture retailer Maples. Reaction by staff members of the `Cabinet Maker' magazine concerning the controversy; Implications of the controversy on the furniture industry in the country.
- `General practice' to falsify sales records, claim former Maples branch managers. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p2
Focuses on the claim made by branch managers of British furniture retailer Maples that it was common practice for branch managers in the chain to falsify sales records to improve the chain's cash flow and continue trading. Features of the financial problems facing the company; Background to the...
- Maples owners had 40 days warning of ...7.7m shortfall. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p8
Reports on the financial status of Maples furniture retailer with its chain liabilities exceeding its assets and overdraft limits. Estimated amount of the liabilities; Appointment of Deloitte & Touch as administrative receiver.
- Maples directors banned. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p1
Reports that former Maples managing director Grahame Winter has protested his innocence about the collapse of the furniture company in September 1997. Winter's disqualification as a company director for eight years; Results of the British Department of Trade and Industry investigation.
- About those dead dogs in our neighborhood... Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/25/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p70
Shares a story that reflects how furniture executives in the United States try to revive failing businesses instead of focusing on healthy companies. Bankruptcy filings in the country.
- Furniture store closes suddenly. // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2010, Issue 5702, p9
The article reports on the sudden closed down of Wiltshire Furniture and Half Price Suites both in London, England leaving their customers in the dark on when they will receive the orders they have made to them.
- Ownership of Dreams NI franchise revealed. // Cabinet Maker;2/21/2014, Issue 5873, p8
The article reports on the disclosure of the administrator of Skyline Superstore, a defunct furniture retail business that formerly held the Dreams franchise within Northern Ireland, on the details of the fall-out of the company.
- Furniture business shut down for rogue trading. // Cabinet Maker;1/17/2014, Issue 5868, p8
The article reports on the closure of furniture firm I-Sleep by the Insolvency Service in the interest of the general public in Great Britain.