Who's Driving This Bus?
- Trades. Brown, Bob // Waste News;02/23/98, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p1
Reports that in order to increase profits and boost margins, Waste Management Incorporated, Browning-Ferris Industries Incorporated (BFI), USA Waste Services Incorporated and Allied Waste Industries Incorporated have been involved with volume exchanges. Details on air-space exchanges; Comments...
- Allied, USA swap more operations. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/03/97, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p1
States that 43 properties belonging to Allied Waste Industries Incorporated and USA Waste Services Incorporated were traded mostly in the Midwest and Southwest in continuation of asset swaps which started in early 1997. Detailed information on the deal; When the deal was made; When the swaps...
- Allied closes laidlaw deal. // Waste News;03/17/97, Vol. 2 Issue 43, p27
Reports on the closure of a deal between Allied Waste Industries Incorporated and USA Waste Services Incorporated. Terms and conditions applicable to deal; Acquisition of collection operations by the company.
- USA Waste, Allied to swap assets. Daniels, Steve // Waste News;06/09/97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p1
Reports on an impending agreement between USA Waste Services Incorporated and Allied Waste Industries Incorporated. Objective of the agreement; Stipulations of the agreement; Reference to a landfill which is expected to be constructed as part of the deal; Advantages of the agreement to Allied;...
- Both sides win in assets swap. // Waste News;06/09/97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the swap of assets by USA Waste Services Incorporated and Allied Waste Industries Incorporated. What both companies are expected to acquire from the agreement; Problems likely to be encountered in the agreement.
- Allied Waste purchases some of Waste Mgmt. assets. Canning, Kathie; Harrigan, Kate // Pollution Engineering;May99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p3
Reports on Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s plan to buy certain solid waste services assets from Waste Management Inc. Purchase price; Location of assets.
- A strong current of change. Wolpin, Bill // World Wastes;Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the merger of Waste Management Inc. and USA Waste Services Inc. Combined number of collection operations; Landfills; Transfer stations and employees; Combined revenues; Terms of the merger; Speculations on the merger's impact on the waste management industry. INSET: At the helm..
- Tale of two companies. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p25
Focuses on the growth of USA Waste Services Incorporated and Waste Management Incorporated. Impact of the growth for the two companies; Information on John E. Drury, chief executive officer of USA Waste; Details on Waste Management's growth.
- USA Waste plans second buy in county. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on USA Waste Services Inc.'s scheduled acquisition of Waste Management Inc. Features of the acquisition; Impact on the market position of the company; Features of USA Waste's pending acquisition of Mid-American Waste Systems Inc.; Details of the expansion program of USA Waste.