- Sex & pregnancy. Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p61
Presents an abstract of the paper `Virgins' expectations and nonvirgins' reports: How adolescents feel about themselves,' by L. Langer, R. Zimmerman and J. Katz published in the `Journal of Adolescent Research' about the anticipated attitudes of virgins and actual attitudes of nonvirgins...
- The Bridal Nightmare: Virginity tests in Sri Lanka. // Women's International Network News;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on a study of the virginity test prevalent in most parts of Sri Lanka. Part of a research project called `Sri Lankan Youth: A Study on Reproductive Health Awareness' by the Family Planning Association of Sri Lanka; Fear when girls take part in physical exercises or athletics; Ignorance...
- Like A Virgin. Grigoriadis, Vanessa // Spin;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p132
Reports on the growing trend among teenagers to abstain from sex until they are married. Statistics on the number of high school graduates who are virgins.
- Virginity. Patchett, Ann // Seventeen;Jun94, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p116
Discusses the concept of virginity. Reasons for people's decision to remain virgins; Teenage sexuality; Studies on teenage sex in American schools; Virtues of sexual abstinence; Advertising campaign by American government and private sources regarding virginity; Denotation of virginity; Sex and...
- Untitled. Batz, Jeannette // Seventeen;Jun94, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p117
Presents views of female adolescents regarding virginity. Peer and social pressures in giving up one's virginity; Virginity as a gift; Dealing with non-virgin friends; Having sexual intercourse after marriage; Question of finding the right person to give up one's virginity.
- The virgin backlash. Schorr, Melissa // Self;Sep97, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p180
Opinion. Discusses views on virginity. Why some girls abstain from intimate relationships until marriage; Advantages of abstainence; Information on the `True Love' group and its objectives; Emotional affects of engaginge in sexual activities at an early age.
- Making the case. Shea, Mark // Our Sunday Visitor;10/24/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 26, p14
The article discusses the issues concerning the perpetual virginity of Mary.
- Why we believe in the Virgin Birth. George, Timothy // Christianity Today;12/12/94, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p18
Provides evidences on the validity of Mary's virgin birth. Focus on Christian faith; Miracle of the virgin birth; Myth versus reality; Significance of the virgin birth.
- virginal. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2464
A definition of the term "virginal," which relates to a virgin or to virginity, is presented.