- Wappin' Wharf: ACT I. Brooks, Charles S. // Wappin' Wharf: A Frightful Comedy of Pirates;1/1/1922, p7
The article presents Act I of the drama titled "Wappin' Wharf: A Frightful Comedy of Pirates,".
- Wappin' Wharf: ACT III. Brooks, Charles S. // Wappin' Wharf: A Frightful Comedy of Pirates;1/1/1922, p9
The article presents Act III of the drama titled "Wappin' Wharf: A Frightful Comedy of Pirates,".
- HAMLET AND THE PIRATES RECONSIDERED. Coursen, H.R. // English Language Notes;Sep76, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on character of pirates in the drama 'Shakespeare Quarterly,' by William Shakespeare. Participation of the pirates in the rendezvous at sea; Description of the ship of pirates; Implications of pirates for warlike activity.
- Theatre Reviews. Hogan, Jane // Back Stage;11/14/97, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p48
Reviews the play `A Pirate's Lullaby,' directed by Melanie Sutherland.
- Pirate Curse. // Publishers Weekly;6/26/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 26, p52
The article reviews the book "Pirate Curse," by Kai Meyer.
- Rough seas? Vagg, Jon // British Journal of Criminology;Winter95, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p63
Discusses piracy in Southeast Asia, with emphasis on the Riau Archipelago or the waters around Singapore and the Indonesian islands to its south. Factors behind the wave of attacks in the archipelago; Cultural acceptance of piracy; Piracy as a product of economic development and dislocation;...
- In Asian waters, sea pirates eschew eye patches, steal ships via Internet. Tan, Abby // Christian Science Monitor;6/13/96, Vol. 88 Issue 139, p7
Reports on the onslaught of sea pirates in Philippine waters. Increase in the number of reports of Chinese vessels robbing international merchant ships in the nation's waters during 1995; Wholesale stealing or hijacking of ships; South China Sea area as one of the most vulnerable to attacks and...
- Modern-day PIRATES. // Junior Scholastic;12/8/2008, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the growing threat brought by the modern-day pirates from Somalia, who had attacked over 90 ships in the water around the Horn of Africa in September 2008.
- Pirate's Shooting Raises New Security Questions. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/5/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p8
The article focuses on a report from The Associated Press about the killing of a Somali pirate by private security contractors which protect a Panama-flag cargo vessel off the Horn of Africa.