- More resin capacity expansions. // Plastics Technology;Sep95, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p90
Reports on the plans of various American resin producers to add production to meet increased demands. Exxon Chemical Co.'s plan to build a plant make homopolymers and impact copolymers; DuPont Co.'s plan to double its North American capacity by 1998.
- More resin capacity. // Plastics Technology;Apr96, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p95
Lists four suppliers that announced capacity expansions in various synthetic resins. Includes Exxon Chemical Co.; Imperial Oil; AT Plastics Inc.; Wellman Inc.
- PET demand holds up, but prices head south. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;10/9/96, Vol. 158 Issue 38, p9
Looks at trends in the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin market in the United States. Decline in prices; Increase in demand; Increase in capacity; Bright prospects for long-term fundamentals in the PET market.
- Resin makers must groom TPOs for success. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;11/1/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p22
Focuses on the needs for resins manufacturers in the United States to prepare for the growth of the thermoplastic olefins (TPO) market. Industry changes boosting demand for TPO-based products; Value of the business opportunities anticipated in the market.
- Resin industry keep watchful eye on Asia. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/19/1998, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p11
States that the Resin industry is taking a close look at Asia's economy. Estimated amount of money lost by Asian stock markets for the beginning 1998; Comments from individual resin manufactures.
- More PP, PE, PS capacity on the way. // Plastics Technology;Feb95, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p77
Reports on the capacity expansion plans of major resin suppliers in the United States. Fina Oil & Chemical Co.'s plan to increase PS capacity; Solvay Polymers Inc.'s plan to build new polypropylene (PP) line; Chevron Chemical Co.'s polyethylene (PE) expansion.
- Compounders' share up. // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p35
Reports on the development in the United States resin market. Compounders and distributors' account for of resin sales by volume; Figures released by the Society of Plastics Industry.
- New resin capacity coming. // Plastics Technology;Aug96, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p64
Reports on the efforts of resin suppliers to increase the production of polyethylene, polystyrene and several engineering grades. Chevron Chemical Co.'s plan to more than double its high-density polyethylene capacity; BASF Corp.'s plan to start up its HIPS production line in the third quarter...
- Plastics News resin pricing chart: As of Aug. 29. // Plastics News;9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p45
Presents charts depicting the pricing of resin in the U.S. as of September 2002. Assessment of the volume category; Alteration of the market price; Estimation of the annual truckload purchases.
- Rosin outlook: Separating facts from myths. Pombo, Melvin M. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Focuses on some of the misconceptions about rosin raw materials and how they tend to mislead resins users. Need for companies to be able to differentiate between myths and facts about the rosin raw materials industry; Information on some of the myths arising in the industry.