HPAC Info-dex: Locating a Product
- A Unique Museum Warms Up To Radiant Heat. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/14/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 7, p12
Reports the installation of the Raupex piping to heat the Art Museums in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Boundaries between the field of art and architecture; Creation of a moving sculpture; Elimination of the wasted energy of heat.
- Pipes carry the heat out. Schofield, Julie Anne // Design News;5/20/96, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p80
Looks at the heat pipe from Noren Products. What pipe consists of; What the application of heat causes along the heat-pipe surface; Other products offered by Noren.
- Heat pipes. // Energy User News;Apr97, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p48
Presents a product guide to heat pipes from different companies with data on applications, equipment type, specifications and features & options.
- Heat pipe saves energy by reducing cooling load. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/22/95, Vol. 195 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the installation of a dehumidifying controllable heat pipe at the Gusman Center in Miami. Technical details of the heat pipe system.
- CHAPTER 10: STEAM SYSTEMS. // ASHRAE Handbook: Heating, Ventilating & Air-Conditioning Systems;2004, p10.1
Chapter 10 of the book "2004 ASHRAE Handbook: Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Systems and Equipment" is presented. It discusses the fundamental concepts involved in steam systems used in supplying heat or kinetic energy through a piping system. It gives an account on the considerations...
- HUBBARD ENTERPRISES/HOLDRITE "Converting Makeshift Plumbing Methods into Engineered Solutions" // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul2005, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p48
Presents information on the pipe support products of Hubbard Enterprises. Holdrite Stout System; Holdrite Silencer System; Holdrite copper-jacketed pipe.
- Some observations on Carnot cycle as the genesis of the heat pipe and thermosyphon. Cheng, K. C. // International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education;Jan2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p69
Provides information on a study which examined the connection between the Carnot steam cycle and the thermodynamic aspects of the heat pipe and two-phase thermosyphon. Details on the Clapeyron-Clausius equation; Observations on thermodynamic temperature difference; Chronology of classical...
- Heat pipes can impact comfort and energy costs. Beckwith, William R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/4/96, Vol. 197 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the use of heat pipes to reduce indoor humidity. Detrimental effects of high humidity on indoor environments; Use of reheat systems prior to the mid-1970s to control humidity; Operating cost factors involved with reheat; Heat pipe application.
- Applications show benefits of using heat pipes. Ingley, Herbert A. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/4/96, Vol. 197 Issue 10, p17
Discusses the benefits of using heat pipes to reduce indoor humidity. Office/multi-purpose building; School installation; Equipment cost savings; Energy implications.