- Industry Icons. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
The article presents quotes about how the sporting goods industry has changed from 1968-2008, from Mitchell Modell of Modell's Sporting Goods store, Julie Nimmons, chairwoman at Schutt Sports store, and Jerry Turner of Brooks Sports store.
- Game, Set, Match... Pallerino, Michael // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one related to leading retailers in sporting goods, one related to leading executives with innovative sporting products and strategies, and one related to executives growing in the sporting goods industry.
- 2011 CATEGORY LISTINGS. // SGB;2011 Outdoor Business Retailer, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p51
A list of sporting goods and service providers, based on their categories, is presented, which includes, Hour Energy for accessories, Alps Sportswear for apparel, and CAM Commerce Solutions for retail service.
- What's hot in sporting goods. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p49
Reports on the financial performance of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 1995. Leading sporting activity; Sales of different sporting goods categories; Includes sales for walking and jogging shoes; Top ten sports activities; Includes walking, swimming and biking.
- Untitled. Schlossberg, Howard // Marketing News;9/27/93, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p12
Present several developments in sporting goods industry. Frito-Lay's marketing and media agreement with the National Football League (NFL) and ABC; Dorna USA's formation of an Olympic Marketing Unit; Availability of specially designed automobile licenses featuring sports teams' logos in New...
- NikeTown New York City. Dorris, Virigina Kent // Architectural Record;Mar1997, Vol. 185 Issue 3, p100
Focuses on NikeTown in New York City, the flagship store of Nike Corporation. Interior design of the store; Use of architecture as a marketing tool; Futuristic look of the building; Special features of the building's architecture.
- The Bottom 100. Anderson, Eric // Dealernews;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p108
Comments on 'Dealernews' magazine's Top 100 Dealers in America list, an awards program for powersports equipment dealers in the United States. Description of what it would be like to be on a list of the Bottom 100 dealers; Number of dealers from which the top 100 will be selected; Income...
- Dealer News. // Dealernews;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p8
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Bell Powersports' sale of helmets; Partnership between United Motors (UM) Manufacturing Inc. with Motorcycle Mechanics Institute to conduct a series of Regional Training Seminars; Display of motorcycle at...
- Dealer News From Europe. Walker, Alastair James // Dealernews;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p14
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods industry in Europe as of August 2003. Yamaha Motor Corp.'s expansion of its biking activity holidays; Intention of Spanish-based manufacturer Derbi to increase output in 2003.
- Lane Changes. // Dealernews;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p16
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Employee selection and appointment; Business relocation.