- What kind of pick-up? Roche, Jerry // Landscape Management;Sep96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, pSR14
Presents tips on the selection of pick-up for plowing snow in the United States. Need for a four-wheel drive; Snow plow preparation package; Kind of torque the vehicle produces; Limited slip differential; Interior amenities; Heavy duty maintenance requirements; Safety features.
- Abominable snow plow attacks Winter. // R&D Magazine;Mar98, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p100
States that a `snow plow' equipped with a friction meter, air and pavement-temperature sensors and fiberoptic lights has been created by researchers at the Iowa State University. Features of the plow.
- RIDERS ON THE STORM. SMITH, MATT // Minnesota Monthly;Jan2014, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p84
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of having the rewards and hazards of driving a snowplow in Portland Avenue, Minnesota as of January 2014.
- The Boss DXT plows guard against impact. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2013, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p62
The article offers brief information on the DXT stainless steel plows from Boss Snowplow.
- Plow Those Streets! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Jan2008, Vol. 64 Issue 4, Special section p4
A map puzzle showing where the snowplow is heading is presented.
- Put some pull in your plow. Harler, Curt // Landscape Management;Jun2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on the demand for the two-plow concept in the heavy snow markets in the U.S. Comparison between sell plowing services and insurance; Safety of using back plow; Requirement of a flat contract price for snowplowing by most plow contractors. INSET: Service tips.
- Plow, truck match critical for safety & success. Allin, John // Landscape Management;Sep98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, pSR10
Presents the recommendations of truck manufacturers in the United States regarding the mounting of plows on their trucks. Includes Chevrolet/GMC's approval of ten models for snow work; Toyota's disapproval of any plows on their trucks; Use of a three-quarter ton truck for snow plowing.
- BEST SHOW IN THE SNO. Cummings, Andy // Trains;Dec2011, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p38
Several photographs of railroad snowplows, removing snow from tracks in the northern parts of the U.S. during the winter of 2010-2011, are presented.
- Cold steel and wooden walls. Moore, Keith // Professional Engineering;11/28/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p55
Focuses on the importance of railway snowplough in Europe. Factors influencing manufacturers to assemble a snowplough; Use of steam locomotives in powering the plough; Models of snowplough.