- Easier is better with fire annunciators. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p95
Gives information on fire annunciators, which are critical to firefighters' ability to respond to fire alarm conditions. What is an annunciator; Information on traditional annunciators; Details on the point-ID annunciation; Details on signals and indications of the annunciation. INSET: At a...
- Watch What You Heat! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/2/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p3
This article explains that October 8-14, 2006 is Fire Prevention Week in the U.S. and this program has been started in 1922.
- Federal building code: Why still a no-go. Stubbs, M.S.; Gordon, D.E. // Architectural Record;Jul1990, Vol. 178 Issue 8, p31
Discusses a possible National Fire Protection Proposal to restructure NFPA Standard I, entitled `Fire Prevention Code.' Details of the revised NFPA I and why the code is of concern to architects; Opposition to a fourth building code; Federal building code; Arguments for and against a federal...
- Had a fire drill lately? // Current Health 2;Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
Reports that Fire Prevention Week is October 6-12, 1991. Offers an awareness checklist for preventing fire deaths in the home.
- Sound the alarm for fire safety. // Current Health 1;Oct94, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p30
Presents a quiz on fire prevention measures. INSET: Be prepared..
- Water pipe protection. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1993, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p2
Reports that the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that there are 2,600 home fires each year due to improperly installed or damaged electric heat tape. Suggestions for avoiding mishaps when using heat tape.
- Gardens enclosed. Reed, C. // Horticulture;Oct91, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p63
Reviews several books about enclosed gardens and the art of gardening. `Gardens of the World: The Art and Practice of Gardening,' edited by Penelope Hobhouse and Elvin McDonald; `The Garden Wall: Fences, Hedges, and Walls: Their Planning and Planting,' by Julie Farrod, edited by Charles O....
- Blocking furniture fire. DiChristina, Mariette // Popular Science;Feb93, Vol. 242 Issue 2, p41
States that researchers from Du Pont and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) are testing the effectiveness of a fire-blocking barrier on upholstered furniture. Research details; Areas where open-flame-resistance tests are required.
- Fire alert. // Translog;Jul92, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
Offers advice concerning fire prevention. Causes of fire; Flammable materials found in warehouses; Importance of good housekeeping as a means defense of against fire; Requirements on fire extinguisher ownership.
- Challenges of fire protection for modern occupancy... Refrigeri, Rand J. // PM Engineer;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p31
Discusses the task of building fire-safe facilities with advanced and skillful ways of monitoring system for controlling fire situations in varied occupancies. Examples of complex high-traffic assembly and high density structures which needs fire protection design; Use of pressure-reducing...