- IRISH CROCHET A VINTAGE TECHNIQUE. // Crochet!;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p50
The article provides information on Irish crochet which was known as early as 1743. It was recognized by the Royal Dublin Society. Irish crochet was taught to the masses by nuns in the Irish convents and the wealthier members of the general population as a means of survival. It describes the...
- BACK TALK! Bartlett, Tiffany; Burke, Lola; Woods, Joan; Brzozowski, Robin // Crochet World;Aug2013, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p31
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including the crochet pattern for a blanket in the April 2010 issue, the Crocheter's Friend pattern in the February 2013 issue, and the Flower Jewelry Keeper pattern in the Auguat 2012 issue.
- Crochet Questions. Thompson, Dawn // Crochet World;Feb2008, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to crochet, including the different between a 4-double crochet and a 3-double crochet filet, how to make the open spaces in a filet crochet design and how to start the chain with a 4-double filet crochet.
- CROCHET CONNECTIONS. DeBritz, Kitty; Bogue, E.; Schemel, Lee Ann; Bailey, Cindy; Moyer, Kay; Jones, Jean; Gentrup, Joyce; Connell, Emily; Morgan, Amy; Cornett, Maureen // Crochet World;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p52
Several letters to the editor are presented on various requests for pattern copies including the Hoosier Granny Shrug, a 6-inch crocheted worm pattern, and Elizabeth Hiddleson pattern books.
- BACK TALK! Salazar, Michelle; Gilbert, Barbara // Crochet World;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p53
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Scrap Delights" project in the April 2012 issue, and the "Waves of Color" pattern in the June 2010 issue.
- Crochet Potpourri. // Crochet World;Aug2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p22
Presents several letters from readers which aimed to locate some special crochet patterns or yarn. Request by some readers for patterns of baby afghans, 1960s capes and a thread motif pattern; Plan by one reader to buy the old Annie's Attic Henrietta Bun Warmer; Efforts by one reader to trade...
- CROCHET CHAT. Wagoner, June; Crawford, Billie Sue; Jones, Judith // Crochet World;Aug2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p23
Presents several letters to the editor referencing issues and topics related to crocheting. Preferences for round doilies and oval tablecloths by some readers of "Crochet World"; Effects of "Crochet World" on a hurricane survivor who enjoys crocheting.
- Face Facts. Gates, Janise // Faces;Mar2006, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p39
The article reports that people began calling knitted or crocheted wool blankets "afghans" in the 19th century because the people of Afghanistan were known for their beautiful textiles.
- CROCHET CONNECTIONS. // Crochet World;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p38
The article presents queries from readers regarding crochet patterns and yarns. A reader is looking for a pattern of the Smurf twins at 10 to 12 inches tall with yellow hair and big white hats. Another is looking for scrap yarns that can be used by the shawl ministry of her church. One reader is...