- AS GOOD AS GOLD. Kumin, Daniel // Sound & Vision;Nov2001, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p104
Evaluates several high-end preamp/processors video equipment. B&K reference 30 from B&K Components; Meridian Model 561 from Meridian Audio; Lexicon MC-1 from Lexicon; Lexicon MC-12 from Lexicon.
- Carvin' Up Your Audio. McCleskey, Joe // Videomaker;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p22
The article evaluates Carvin Corp.'s StudioMate SM162 Audio Mixer and offers information on features including versatility, solid performance, compact design and ease of use.
- Microphone Types. Robertson, Hal // Videomaker;Oct2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p61
The article explains the use of various microphone (mic) types as video tools. It notes that built-in mics are best used for recording ambient sound and as a sync reference for separate recorders. Handheld mics or stick mics are said to be the type seen on concert stages or used by a field...
- IP video services break new ground. Burns, Michael // TVB Europe;Aug2011, p48
The article offers brief information on several video services products such as Vapor Sidesho 902 (VS902) universal Internet protocol (IP) video transport platform and VS906 Audio and Data Contribution Codec from Nevion.
- WHAT'S HOT. // Caribbean Business;1/25/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p40
Features audio and video equipment from various manufacturers. Apple's Titanium PowerBook G4; Presario 7000 series of editing and authoring software for home movies; Creative's Video Blaster WebCam Go.
- Q&A. Masters, Ian G. // Sound & Vision;Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p34
Answers several questions about audio and video equipment. Benefits of high-definition television in home theater system; Proper set up to obtain a surround sound from the audio system; Influence of pixels on the resolution of camcorders.
- Duck, Duck? Goose?? Reff, Michael // Videomaker;Jul2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p49
The article suggests ways on how a video can be made to look like a film. The trick has less to do with electronics, because the real film's organic grain structure can never be recreated by video. Rather, the trick has more to do with movement, lighting, filters and adjusting the camera's gamma...
- fusion over delivers. Frances, Sara // EventDV;Apr2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p18
The article offers advise to event filmmakers called upon to provide both still and video work utilizing fusion equipment. Videographers should use equipment appropriate for the job in terms of efficiency, quality and cost. They should be prepared to update and add to their equipment, software...
- SNOW GUARDIANS AND SOCIAL NETWORKING. Clapp, Cristina // Videography;Apr2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the production of the film "Snow Guardians" in the U.S. It states that the film, which was produced and directed by documentary photographer Carson Garner, focuses on the rescuers and ski patrollers who help keep winter sports enthusiasts out of danger. It also mentions...