- Answer to case of the month #74. McTavish, Jeffrey D.; Zalev, Arthur // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p52
Presents a clinical case of a man with Crohn's disease. Case report; Radiological findings; Pathophysiology and diagnosis of the disease condition; Presenting signs and symptoms.
- Fistulizing Crohn's Disease. Sanchez, William; Loftus, Edward V. // New England Journal of Medicine;8/8/2002, Vol. 347 Issue 6, p416
Presents medical images associated with fistulizing Crohn's disease. Presentation of a patient with a history of the disease with abdominal pains and other symptoms; Results of computed tomography; Treatment.
- Effects of sulfasalazine on 6-mercaptopurine metabolism and clinical efficacy in patients with Crohn's disease: preliminary results of a placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial. Achkar, Jean-Paul; Brzezinski, Aaron; Seidner, Douglas; Vogel, Deborah; Shen, Bo; Lashner, Bret // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS258
An abstract of the article "Effects of Sulfasalazine on 6-Mercaptopurine Metabolism and Clinical Efficacy in Patients with Crohn's Disease: Preliminary Results of a Placebo-Controlled Randomized Clinical Trial," by Jean-Paul Achkar, Aaron Brzezinski, and Douglas Seidner is presented.
- Diagnosing Biliary Colic and Acute Cholecystitis. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;09/15/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p1386
Presents a study by M. Ahmad and others on the importance of differentiating biliary colic and acute cholecystitis. Description of the study and its results; Conclusion that endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography is the test of choice to detect stones in the common bile duct;...
- European evidence-based consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease. Hanauer, S. B.; Sandborn, W. J. // Gut;Feb2007, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p161
The article discusses the evidence-based consensus on the management and diagnosis of Crohn's disease in Europe. A consensus was established by The European Crohn's and Colitis Organization (ECCO) on the promotion of views, clinical trials and specialist training in inflammatory bowel diseases....
- Gastrointestinal Disorder Therapeutics Market to 2017 -- Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Markets Show Strongest Growth. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/26/2011, Vol. 21, p886
The article presents the report entitled "Gastrointestinal Disorder Therapeutics Market to 2017 -- Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Markets Show Strongest Growth" which presents a global projection for the gastrointestinal disorder sector until 2017. The document presents an analysis...
- Maintenance Treatment for Crohn's Disease: Has the Time Arrived? Goldstein, Franz // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1992, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p551
Offers views on maintenance treatment for Crohn's disease (CD). Difficulty in the short- and long-term treatment of CD; Major aspects to long-term maintenance treatment or continuous therapy of CD; Drugs used for CD.
- Diagnosing Crohn's Disease: An Economic Analysis Comparing Wireless Capsule Endoscopy with Traditional Diagnostic Procedures. Goldfarb, Neil I.; Pizzi, Laura T.; Fuhr, Joseph P.; Salvador, Christopher; Sikirica, Vanja; Kornbluth, Asher; Lewis, Blair // Disease Management;Dec2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p292
The purpose of this study was to review economic considerations related to establishing a diagnosisof Crohn's disease, and to compare the costs of a diagnostic algorithm incorporatingwireless capsule endoscopy (WCE) with the current algorithm for diagnosing Crohn's diseasesuspected in the small...
- Laparoscopy in the Diagnosis and Management of Crohn's Disease. Singh, K.; Prasad, A.; Saunders, J.H.B.; Foley, R.J.E. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Feb98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p39
Presents a study which evaluated the role of laparoscopy and laparoscopic-assisted surgery in the management of Crohn's disease. Background on the disease; Data and methods used; Results and discussion.