Top 100 cable systems
- CABLE GOT THE NEWS BUT NOT THE AUD. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;05/03/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the ratings of selected cable news programs in the United States in April 2000. Decline in CNN's total day ratings; Increase in Fox News' households during total day; Performance of MSNBC.
- Station Break. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p48
Presents an update on television broadcasting networks in the United States as of October 1998. Final telecast of WSBK-TV's evening newscast; Insights shared by Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein; Libel suit against WFAA-TV.
- News on Demand Is in Demand. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p78
Provides information on the increasing popularity of news on demand viewing in the U.S. as of April 19, 2004. Views of Page Thompson, vice president of marketing for new video products at Comcast, on the future of news on demand; States in the U.S. where Comcast carries news on demand; Plan of...
- The insider. McConville, Jim; Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
Presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the United States, as of February 7, 2000. Includes growth in the National Cable Television Association's membership; Cable news networks' coverage of the Alaska Airlines crash off the coast of California; Oxygen's launching of its...
- How To Fix the Conventions. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 31, p4
Interviews Tom Brokaw, a television news anchor of NBC, about political conventions in the U.S. in 2004. Details of past convention coverage of Brokaw; Ways to fix conventions in 2004; Role of cable televisions in the conventions.
- Major Broadcasting Cable Network Announces Plans For 24-Hour Black News Channel. // Jet;3/3/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p19
An Atlanta, Georgia-based cable channel company said it plans to launch a 24-hour news channel aimed at Black viewers in 2003 or early in 2004. Major Broadcasting Cable Network (MBC), the nation's only Black-owned and -operated cable network, will call its new sister network "MBC News: The Urban...
- FOX NEWS HAS CHANGED THE GAME. Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p7
Discusses the impact of Fox News on cable television broadcasting in the U.S. Background on Fox News Channel; Ways in which Fox News changed the way news is processed; Reason behind the success of Fox News, according to Bill Shine, vice president and executive producer for the network.
- Youth Switching to Cable, Internet. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the preference of U.S. youth for cable television, late-night talk shows and Internet as sources of election news according to a study by the Pew Research Center. Percentage of the population aged 18-29 watching nightly network news; Audience watching cable news networks; Impact of...
- A Kinder, Gentler Tucker Carlson. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;6/13/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p3
Focuses on the cable news program "The Situation With Tucker Carlson," hosted by Tucker Carlson and aired in the U.S. by MSNBC. Reason behind the refusal of people to watch cable news programs according to Carlson; Staff members of the show; Guest contributors to the show.