Directory of Certifying Organizations
- Certification Test Prep. Benefit Versus Burden: Should Advanced Practice Nurses Maintain Clinical Certifications? Rauen, Carol; Katz Brock, Elizabeth // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2014, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p80
The article discusses the importance of acute and critical care clinical certifications for advanced practice nurses such as for continuous learning, skill development and patient care. It presents questions and answers to practice questions for certifications such as CCRN, certification for...
- Hiring Appropriate Providers for Different Populations: Acute Care Nurse Practitioners. Haut, Cathy; Madden, Maureen // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2015, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p16
Acute care nurse practitioners, prepared as providers for a variety of populations of patients, continue to make substantial contributions to health care. Evidence indicates shorter stays, higher satisfaction among patients, increased work efficiency, and higher quality outcomes when acute care...
- From a ICU Nurse to a Neurology Nurse Practitioner. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;Jun2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p54
No abstract available.
- Christopher Mitchell 1968 - 2014. // Lamp;Aug2015, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p36
The article presents an obituary for Christopher Mitchell, the After Hours Nurse Manager at Coffs Harbour Base Hospital in New South Wales.
- Corrections. // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2015, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p12
A correction to the article "Hiring Appropriate Providers for Different Populations: Acute Care Nurse Practitioners," by Haut and Madden that was published in the June 2015 issue is presented.
- The Gift of Certification. Rauen, Carol; Herrmann, Cheryl // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2013, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p68
A quiz about the nursing profession is presented.
- Certification Test Prep. There Is a Method to the Madness. Rauen, Carol; Bader, Mary Kay; Hinkle, Carol; James, Stacy H. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p85
The article presents practice questions to help nurses test their knowledge and prepare for the acute and critical care certification exams.
- Certification Test Prep. "To Know": A Great Reason for Certification. Rauen, Carol; Shumate, Pam; Jacobson, Carol; Marzlin, Karen; Webner, Cynthia // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2014, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses the reasons for nurses to get their certification. The benefits of certification include validation of specialty knowledge and clinical decision, the improvements in 30-day inpatient mortality rates and failure-to-rescue rates in hospitals, and workplace empowerment....
- Navigating the 7 Cs of Certified Practice. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p68
A test that measures the knowledge of nurses in acute care setting is presented.