Largest Cable Systems
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- Singapore pay-TV tender fails to attract new bids. Yap, Jimmy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p5
A tender to run a second pay-TV operation in Singapore closed last month with no applications. Singapore's media regulators attributed the no-show to the market's tiny size and the current economic situation. Observers, however, noted that the Media Development Authority was also to blame for...
- CABLE'S Next Generation. // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Introduces the profiles of cable industry executives in the U.S. who are likely to take part in significant changes within their firms.
- Channels No Longer a Premium. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p40
Discusses study findings on subscriber's interest in lucrative premium subscriptions. Decline in number of premium channel subscribers; Interest of subscribers in various programming genres; Demand of subscribers for more movies; Reason why premium subscription rates have been falling.
- Top pay-per-view events. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p44
Ranks the top pay-per-view events by category for the period covering 1990 to 1999. Categories include boxing; Wrestling and music programs; Ring sports; Telecast dates and viewership.
- THE DEMOS. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p19
Presents statistics on cable television subscribers in the city of Richmond, Virginia in 2003.
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p27
Presents data on cable television programming as of August 2002. Top 40 basic cable advertising-supported programs; Basic cable network rankings; Basic cable advertising-supported programming for adults.