- Just Opened. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/19/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4472, p16
The article provides information on pubs, hotels and restaurants in England in March and April 2007. Albion pub offers a menu of classic British food and features Georgian interiors. The Old Mill is housed in a recently restored Victorian property featuring a Gothic stone entrance and courtyard...
- Review of Reviews. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/17/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4400, p17
The article provides reviews of British restaurants and hotels, published in several periodicals in November 2005. The establishments featured are Hotel du Vin, Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Entropy, Roast and Volt.
- THE DETAILS. D. K. // Gourmet;Jun2006, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p132
The article provides information about hotels, restaurants and other establishments in Greece. Some of the hotels include Hotel du Lac, Castro Hotel, Roy and Effi's Place and To Spitti Tou Oreste. Restaurants include Foilistron, Diethnes, Gramatosimo, Michali's Place, Sterna, Kyria Kikitsas and...
- A Caribbean Childhood. // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel;Nov2007, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p34
The author provides information on the hospitality industry in Aruba, where she grew up. At the longstanding sailors' haunt, Charlie's Bar, patrons sit at the wooden booths. Down the street from Charlie's Bar is The Astoria, a restaurant that was a popular hangout with American soldiers...
- Raising the bar. Shoemaker, Stacy // Hospitality Design;Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p90
This article focuses on bars in U.S. hotels and restaurants. Bars, once just square and mahogany, are becoming design statements. Designers are spending more of clients' money exploring bar shape, size, function, and location in a space. Customers are craving comfort, socializing more, and bars...
- Who's who in Wales and the South-west. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/25/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4316, p65
Presents information on several hospitality establishments in England. Brend hotels; Revolution pub; Las Iguans restaurant.
- best of the bahamas. Caswell, Chris // MotorBoating;Nov2005, Vol. 196 Issue 5, p64
A list of hotels, bars, marinas, restaurants and other tourist destinations in the Bahamas is presented. It includes the Abaco Beach Resort, Atlantis Marina, Rock House Restaurant, Club Soleil and Tahiti Beach.
- America's Grand Hotel. Jarman, Rufus // Saturday Evening Post;1/25/1947, Vol. 219 Issue 30, p20
The article describes the new Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City. This hotel has the largest and most luxurious hotel suites in the world and has the largest collection of smart restaurants, formal dining rooms, bars, lounges, and ballrooms. It is the tallest, the largest, the most lavish,...
- LARGER THAN LIFE. // Ralph;Feb2004, p150
Features several pubs and hotels in Australia. Cottesloe beach hotel in Perth; Crown and Anchor Hotel in Adelaide; Rose of Australia Hotel in Sydney; Paddington Alehouse in Perth; Metz on the Bay Cafe Bar in Hobart.