HPAC Info-dex 4
- Final Word. Yurek, Stephen // Contractor Magazine;Spring/Summer2010 AHRI Trends, p24
The article discusses updates on Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) advocacy efforts in the U.S. It states that the organization's goal has come to realization as the country's factory shipments of water heaters, furnaces and central air conditioning have been...
- Publication of the Month From the ABMA. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p10
Reports on the selection of a handbook of power utility and boiler terms and phrases as publication of the month by the American Boiler Manufacturers Association in the U.S. in June 2004.
- New profit opportunities on the refrigerant side. Phillips, Walter A. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/19/99, Vol. 207 Issue 12, p14
No abstract available.
- Pulse Electro Thermal De-Icing. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/7/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 10, p9
Explains the concept of Pulse Electro Thermal De-icing (PETD), a process of removing ice from an evaporator by introducing a very short-duration, high power electric pulse to a very thin metal foil heater. Limitation of heat transfer in the ice and evaporator surface; Application of PETD in...
- Optimization of Mach Number for Suction and Discharge Port Areas of the Valve Plate of Hermetic Compressor Using R-410A Refrigerant Blend for A/C Application. Keste, A. A.; Sapali, S. N.; Tholpady, S. C.; Gosavi, S. S. // International Review of Mechanical Engineering;Jan2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p80
Hermetic compressor is the main component in small capacity refrigeration systems. The performance of such system is normally dependent on the discharge port area in the valve plate. This research paper presents an estimation of optimum Mach number for port areas of hermetic compressor model...
- Power Industries Division. // Professional Engineering;09/17/97, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p50
Presents information on Institution of Mechanical Engineers' Power Industries Division's seminar on refrigerator compressors, which will take place on April 2, 1998. Seminar topics; Call for papers.
- When is a Sound a Noise? PEARSON, ANDY // ASHRAE Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p73
The article discusses the means by which fridge plant designers can prevent the risk of machinery sound becoming a noise. It states that sound produced by a refrigeration system needs to blend in with its surroundings to prevent it from being noticed. It also states that high pitch notes are...
- This Should Be Your Year! Rawson, Randy // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p2
Discusses the benefits of being a member of the American Boiler Manufacturers Association in the U.S. Access to information and updates on the industry; Role as a medium of social and political advocacy; Information on the revision of the mission statement of the association in 2004.
- Approximation-Assisted Optimization for Novel Compact Heat Exchanger Designs. Abdelaziz, Omar; Aute, Vikrant; Azarm, Shapour; Radermacher, Reinhard // HVAC&R Research;Sep2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p707
This paper describes a systematic approach for the use of an approximation-assisted optimization technique in the design of a novel heat exchanger (HX) with a high degree of model fidelity and a low computational cost. Design optimization is performed using multiobjective optimization, and high...