Pre/Post UCT Training Programs, Jan. 23-28
- Candidate Academy. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Sep2015, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p72
A calendar of 2015 in-house courses by the Candidate Academy is presented including Road to Registration for Mature Candidates, Basic Contract Administration and Quality Control, and Getting Acquainted with Basic Pressure Pipeline Design.
- CUIRE Holds Pipelines and Trenchless Class. // Underground Construction;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p27
A description of the pipelines and trenchless technology course being offered to 38 graduate and undergraduate civil engineering students by the Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education (CUIRE) is provided.
- DUAL EFFORT. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the construction of a gravity-flow sewer using open-cut and horizontal directional drilling (HDD) in Iowa City, Iowa. Trenchless construction; Problems with the existing sewer system; Contractor for the project; Advantages of HDD.
- Guided boring vs. open trenching. Lewis, Stuart M. // CEE News;Jun97, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p12
Compares the performance of trenchless technology and the open trenching in underground installations of cables and conduits. Advantages of trenchless technology; Procedure in installing directional equipment; Importance of crew training in directional boring equipment. INSET: Smart highway...
- Pipeline training. Aucoin, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Jun98, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on training programs on pipeline construction offered for engineers by the Local 825 Operating Engineers Training School in New Jersey. Goal of establishing the school to solve the shortage of skilled pipeliners; Local 825 officials Pat Campbell and Larry De Mark as the pioneers of the...
- Trends in HDD drilling fluid products. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the importance of drilling fluid in making a successful trenchless utility installation using a horizontal directional drilling (HDD) technique. Fluid products manufactured by companies for HDD applications; Failure of some drilling crews to maximize the benefits from fluids; Water...
- Telecommunications Crunch Slows HDD Market. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2001, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the impact of the market decline of telecommunication on the market of the trenchless industry, particularly of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD), in the United States. Importance of changing the focus of the industry following the decline; Increase in the use of HDD in...
- Trenchless Trends Discussed At GCTA. Read, Traci // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p10
Offers a look at the trenchless technology that was discussed by Blackhawk Pipeline Assessment Services President Tom Iseley at the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association luncheon meeting in Houston, Texas. Technology advances in horizontal directional drilling; Significance of the technology.
- Turning Toward Trenchless. HAPPEL, RANDY // Cleaner;Nov2011, p46
The article describes the technology of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) and its advantages over open-cut as a method for water and sewer system installations. HDD involves trenchless technology that is more efficient than open-cut. However, open-cut still has its use depending on the...