sex ed 101
- Opponents won't appeal decision on Montgomery County sex ed. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/13/2008, Issue 1055, p28
The article reports that a group called Citizens for a Responsible Curriculum won't appeal a ruling on sex education in favor of the school system in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- How We Improved Our Sex Education Program. Edgemon, Albert W.; Thomas, William R. // Educational Leadership;Dec79, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p256
Focuses on the development of sex and family life education curriculum. Views of parents on the development of sex education curriculum; Guidelines for the development of sex education curriculum Approval of the sex education curriculum; Implementation of the sex education curriculum.
- Gender work revisited. Handlin, Diane // Independent School;Spring94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p51
Reports on the author's experiences on introducing gender issues into the curriculum of the New Jersey based Pingry School. Opposition; Presentations; Instructional methods.
- GRADUATE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT: WIDENER UNIVERSITY. // Sexual Science;Winter2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p9
A description for the Human Sexuality Education (HSED) program of the Widener University is presented.
- SEX EDUCATION BELONGS IN SCHOOL. Brick, Peggy // Educational Leadership;Feb81, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p390
Discusses the significance of including sex education in the regular curriculum of the educational system. Benefits of sex education to students; Range of topics covered in sex education; Impact of sex education on students.
- School curbs on gay speakers likely. // Advocate;8/16/72, Issue 92, p14
Reports that guidelines on sex education to discourage homosexual speakers in schools are expected to be enacted in California. Investigation of the issue by the State Board of Education; Creation of Controversy Centers to tackle issues related to homosexuality; Review of the sex education code...
- Sexuality Education in South Africa: Wedged within a Triad of Contradictory Values. Francis, Dennis A. // Journal of Psychology in Africa;2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p317
Few studies have investigated how teachers teach sexuality within the Outcomes-Based Life Orientation programme. This desktop review investigates sex and sexuality teaching practices in the classroom. First It gives a brief overview of the curriculum requirements for sexuality education....
- Evaluating Sexuality Education Curriculums. Wiley, David C.; Terlosky, Beverly // Educational Leadership;Oct2000, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p79
Offers advice on how decision-makers can evaluate sexuality-education programs for credibility, content and sensitivity. Controversy in the federal funding of abstinence-only curriculums; Effectiveness of abstinence-plus curriculums; Criteria for evaluating the curriculums.
- Clovis (Calif.) sued over its sex education curriculum. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;8/24/2012, p7
The article reports that American Civil Liberties Union has sued the Clovis, California Unified School District for its ninth-grade sex education curriculum which failed to meet state Department of Education guidelines.