REGIONAL: Company News Analysis
- Thai Airways in super jumbo deal. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;8/6/2004, Issue 1730, p18
This article reports that Thai Airways International PLC has become the latest carrier to place an order for Airbus Industrie SA's new A380 super jumbo. The airline has ordered six of the aircraft in a $2.3 billion deal, although it hasn't yet confirmed when the first delivery will be. The deal...
- Thai Airways, Airbus. // AirGuide Online.com;7/27/2009, p25
The article reports on the negotiation between Thailand-based airline Thai Airways PCL and Airbus SAS. According to Thai Airways chairman Ampon Kittiampon, Thai Airways negotiated with Airbus to delay the start of its A380 deliveries from 2010 to December 2012. He adds that the delay is intended...
- Thai slims down despite constraints. O'Toole, Kevin // Airline Business;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p25
Discusses the ways in which Thai Airways International plans to streamline its services. Services planned to be divested by the airline carrier; Program developed by the airline carrier for reducing personnel costs; Strategy of the airline carrier to generate revenue.
- Thai to launch Smile and no Tiger. Haridasani, Alisha // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Oct2011, p13
The article reports on the launch by Thai Airways of a light premium regional subsidiary airline called Thai Smile Air in July 2012.
- Thai looks forward to Manchester services. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/14/2002, Issue 2535, p16
Reports that Thailand-based airline Thai Airways plans to offer flights to Manchester, England, as of October 14, 2002. Expansion of the airline's operations in Europe.
- TG seasonal SYD cut. // Travel Daily;4/30/2013, p7
The article focuses on the move of Thai Airways International PLC to reduce its flight frequencies between Sydney, New South Wales and Bangkok, Thailand with a total of 10 weekly operations instead of 11.
- THAI earlybirds. // Travel Daily;9/28/2015, p3
The article reports on the launch of 2016 earlybird fares to Thailand, Asia and Europe by airline company Thai Airways International which will be valid for low season departures between April 15 to October 31, 2015 and reveals that tickets must be issued by November 15 to avail the offer.
- Competition for national airline. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jul96, p13
Reports on Thailand's approval of the establishment of a new airline which will compete with Thai Airways on international and domestic routes.
- Thai Smile from Jul. // Travel Daily;2/6/2012, p5
The article reports on the launch of the new regional carrier named Thai Smile from Thai Airways International PCL which will commence on July 1, 2012.