Thaksin Promises The Unobtainable
- Thailand's Paradoxical Recovery. Warr, Peter // Southeast Asian Affairs;2005, p385
Examines the features of Thailand's economic recovery under the regime of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Growth of real gross domestic product in 2004 despite setbacks from rural draught, outbreaks and continued political violence; Economic origins of the ongoing political struggle in the...
- THAILAND The Facts and F(r)ictions of Ruling. Connors, Michael Kelly // Southeast Asian Affairs;2005, p365
Examines the economic and political conditions in Thailand under the regime of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Approach of the prime minister to domestic and international policy; Elevation of U.S.-Thai relations under Thaksin's administration; National security issues tackled by the head;...
- THAILAND. Thaksin Fever. Funston, John // Southeast Asian Affairs;2002, p305
Discusses the economic and political conditions of Thailand as of January 2002. Controversies facing Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Electoral fraud; Role of traditional politicians; Financial regulations imposed by the International Monetary Fund; Foreign policy.
- The CEO of Thailand. Grossman, Nicholas // New Leader;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p9
Explores the factors which contributed to the reelection of Thaksin Shinawatra as prime minister of Thailand on February 6, 2005. Impact of Thaksin's reelection on democracy in the region; Information on economic policies implemented by Thaksin during his first term; Prevalence of Muslim...
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
This article overviews political, economic and business environment of Thailand as of May 2003. Veteran politician Banyat Bantadtan has replaced former Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai as head of Thailand's opposition Democratic Party.The party can now concentrate on winning support away from Prime...
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Highlights. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p3
Presents forecasts on the economy of Thailand as of October 2002. Expected recovery of the gross domestic product; Purpose of the cabinet reshuffle of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Opportunities for foreign investments in the country.
- THAILAND Politicized Thaksinization. Panaspornprasit, Chookiat // Southeast Asian Affairs;2004, p257
Focuses on the study concerning the political system and economic condition in Thailand. Determination to dominate the Thai politics by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; International cooperation of the country with the neighboring countries; Promotion of the relations with Laos and Vietnam.
- Building Bridges with Neighbors. Shinawatra, Thaksin // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p18
Presents an excerpt from the remarks given by Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra at a luncheon hosted by the Asia House in London, England on May 14, 2002, which deals with the economy of England. INSET: Thaksin Shinawatra.
- New Troubles For Prime Minister Thaksin. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2005, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on new troubles facing Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra. The troubles intensified in late June after the opposition managed to force a vote of no confidence against the transport minister, Suriya Jungrungreangkit, over alleged kickbacks in the purchase of...