When Tax Can Be Taxing
- Once shunned, Chinese in Korea courted again. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;2/4/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 51, p7
Informs of the efforts of South Korea to lure more ethnic Chinese and Chinese-owned businesses to Seoul.
- The Korean experience in FDI and Sino-Korean relations. Sung Woong Hong; Chang Ho Yim // Journal of Northeast Asian Studies;Summer91, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p66
Focuses on the effects of the outbound foreign direct investment (FDI)) from Korean. Economic growth in Korea; Factors which contributed to the compressed economic development process; Characteristics of Korean outbound FDI; Motives for Korean manufacturing firms to invest abroad; Information...
- Legal Aspects of Foreign Company Operations in China: Foreign-Invested Enterprises and Alternative Business Structures. Lock, Gary; Scott, Brinton M.; Smith, Herbert // Doing Business with China;2005, p81
Provides information on foreign-invested business enterprises and alternative business structures in China. Development of the Chinese legal system; Typical features of foreign-invested business enterprises; Provisions and regulations governing foreign-invested enterprises; Procedure for...
- The European Union and China: Economic Priorities of the EU in China and Their Institutional Support. Pleschová, Gabriela // International Issues & Slovak Foreign Policy Affairs;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p18
This paper analyzes the ways and mechanisms of how the European Union attempts to support its economic interests in relations with China. It also examines if the EU can be considered effective in assisting European companies that export to China and invest in China. Moreover, it focuses on the...
- Russia's Image of China and Russian-Chinese Relations(n1). Lukin, Alexander // East Asia: An International Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p5
Discusses how China views Russia's geopolitical status. Historical background on Chinese-Russian relations; Outcome of economic reforms in China; Russian attitudes toward Chinese reforms.
- The region: Pakistan. // Asian Business Review;Mar1997, p13
Reports on Chinese assurances of continued cooperation with Pakistan in the peaceful application of nuclear technology.
- Oh, happy colony. Ransley, Norman // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1997, p11
Focuses on a mascot, a symbol chosen to act as a focus for celebrations to mark Hong Kong's return to Chinese sovereignty in 1997. How the symbol was selected; Description of the mascot; Comment from Raymond Wu Wai-yung, convenor of the celebration sub group of the Preparatory Committee of the...
- Yeltsin plays `China card' in trip to Beijing. // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 237, p6
Examines the relationship between Russia and China in 1997. The demarcation of the 2,580-mile disputed border between the two; Unresolved border questions; Why resolution of border disputes is important to each country; How both are seeking a strategic partnership which would rule out...
- To nudge Koreas, US and China try matrix diplomacy. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 40, p5
Reports that officials from North Korea, South Korea and the United States (US) will meet for a `three-way briefing,' in an attempt to persuade the North Koreans to participate in `four-way talks,' which would include China. North Korea's interest in two-way discussions with the US; Aim to...