Economy To Stumble, But Not Fall
- Singapore is world's most affluent nation. // Asian Pacific Post;8/23/2012, p17
The article focuses on The Wealth Report 2012 which found that Singapore had the highest gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in the worlds and will likely remain as the top spot until 2050.
- Economic Overview. // Singapore Country Review;2011, p58
The article offers information about the economic condition of Singapore including the financial, business and transport service sectors and the expected decline of gross domestic products (GDP) in 2009 from 4 percent of GDP in 2008.
- Asia's Safe Bet. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Oct2006, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
This article reports on Singapore's macroeconomic fundamentals. The current account surplus remains secure at 28.5 percent of GDP. An attractive foreign direct investment environment and a favorable outlook for the Strait Times Index should encourage inflows of foreign currency. Inflation is...
- Foreign Investment Hub. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Jan2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
The article provides an economic outlook for Singapore for 2007. Foreign direct investment (FDI) increased by 35.5 percent since 2004, according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. The figure makes Singapore's ratio of FDI inflows to gross domestic product one of the...
- MAS To Allow Faster Sing Dollar Appreciation. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p3
The article discusses the economic prospect of Singapore for 2007-2008. Accordingly, the country's 2007 gross domestic produce increases by 9.4% wherein its services industry attained 8.1% while the construction industry has 15.5%. The Monetary Authority of Singapore estimated that the goods and...
- Further Rescue Measures. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the economic condition of Singapore. The nation's real gross domestic product (GDP) dropped by 6.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted, annualised quarter-on-quarter basis in the third quarter of 2008. This is claimed to have impacted manufacturing and tourism and lessen...
- Chapter III: Economic Overview. // Singapore Country Review;2000, p18
Presents an overview of the economic conditions in Singapore as of July 2000 including gross domestic product, key economic indicators, macroeconomic activity, employment by sector, finance and monetary policy, inflation, foreign exchange and trade balance.
- Singapore STI At Key Level. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 29, p5
Presents an economic and financial update on Singapore as of November 2003. Rebound in the GDP growth in Singapore; Rise in non-oil domestic exports; Information on retail sales and tourism data.
- SINGAPORE: DATA & FORCAST. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the economic forecast for Singapore for 2007 and 2008. The performance of world economy would be a major determinant of nation's trade-dependent growth in 2007. The nation is expected to witness a growth of 5.2% in its gross domestic product in 2007. The strong domestic...