� Paved With Good Intentions
- A USEFUL INITIATIVE TO FOLLOW. Kinov, D. // Eastern European Economics;Spring69, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p48
Deals with the economic development initiative that should be followed by Bulgaria as of March 1969. Role of the Central Statistical Administration; Series of publications published by the Central Statistical Administration; Studies concerning economic development.
- RISK SUMMARY: BULGARIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p5
The article reports political and economic developments of Bulgaria as of July 2007. The country's score of 70.2 derived via short-term political risk ratings illustrates the ongoing risks to the government's capacity to enforce its policy agenda. The finance ministry cites the significant rises...
- Country Intelligence Report: Bulgaria. // Bulgaria Country Monitor;Mar2013, p1
A report on the economic condition of Bulgaria for March 2013 is presented. It states that the growth of the economy will remain very modest in 2013 because of lackluster prospects for exports. It cites that the country will proceed with the privatization of the remaining state-owned...
- BULGARIA: Macroeconomic Data and Forecasts. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Apr2004, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
Bulgaria's Economy Minister Lidia Shuleva has revised downwards the government's estimate of economic growth in 2003, to 4.5 percent from 4.8 percent. The figure will certainly be below the 5.0 percent official target for last year, and no better than the 4.8 percent y-o-y increase in 2002. GDP...
- Export Growth Slowing. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p5
The article offers an economic outlook for Bulgaria as of July 2007. The country's current account deficit has increased by 37.3 percent year on year to EUR 1.5 billion in the first quarter of 2007, a record which is down from 93.0 percent year-on-year of the same period last year. Despite the...
- Let's Get Real. Vassilev, Boyko // Transitions Online;4/27/2009, p5
The article focuses on the economic conditions in Bulgaria. It is stated that Bulgaria's boom in the last decade was based largely on foreign investment, easy credit, emigrant cash, construction, real estate, the English and Irish buying houses. According to the author, conditions have changed...
- IMPROVING THE ECONOMIC MECHANISM OF THE MANAGEMENT OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMY. Zhelev, Grudi // Eastern European Economics;Winter72/73, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p47
Deals with the economic system management of the Bulgarian economy in the 1970s. Major economic conditions necessary for the application of the economic system in 1968; Selection of the basic economic unit; Objectives of branches' activities on economic management.
- The Bulgarian Economy in Transition. Minassian, Garabed; Totev, Stoyan // Eastern European Economics;May/Jun96, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p49
Discusses the economic conditions of Bulgaria as of May 1996. Price liberalization; Economic developments; Growth of gross domestic product.
- Bulgaria: Growth Resurgence In 2010. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p16
The authors provide an outlook for the economic growth of Bulgaria from 2008 to 2010. They attribute the possible 6% decline in growth to a slowdown in domestic and external demand. They anticipate a resurgence in investment growth as the global economy improves beyond 2009. They predict that...